|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1677|
|Title||CryoEM 3D reconstruction of Rhodobacter capsulatus Mg-chelatase BchID complex in the presence of ATP|
|Keywords||AAA+ atpase / metallation / tetrapyrroles|
|Sample||Complex of Mg-chelatase subunits BchI and BchD in presence of ATP|
|Source||Rhodobacter capsulatus / archaea / ロドバクター・カプスラータス|
|Map data||CryoEM 3D reconstruction of Rhodobacter capsulatus Mg-chelatase BchID complex in the presence of ATP|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 13 Å resolution|
|Authors||Lundqvist J / Elmlund H / Peterson-Wulff R / Elmlund D / Emanuelsson C / Hebert H / Willows R / Hansson M / Lindahl M / Al-Karadaghi S|
|Citation||Structure, 2010, 18, 354-365|
Structure, 2010, 18, 354-365 Yorodumi Papers
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 2x31|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jan 8, 2010 / Header (metadata) release: Jan 18, 2010 / Map release: Jan 21, 2010 / Last update: Mar 13, 2013|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1677.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 2001 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.33 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Complex of Mg-chelatase subunits BchI and BchD in presence of ATP
|Entire||Name: Complex of Mg-chelatase subunits BchI and BchD in presence of ATP|
Number of components: 1
|Mass||Theoretical: 660 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, Biosynthetic enzyme
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.1 mg/ml / pH: 8|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2010F|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: JEOL|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 15 / Scanner: ZEISS SCAI|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of class averages: 616 / Number of projections: 30721 / Applied symmetry: C3 (3 fold cyclic)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 13 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi