|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1467|
|Title||Human Parvovirus B19 (empty wildtype particle)|
|Keywords||icosahedral / empty viral particle / B19|
|Sample||Human Parvovirus B19 (empty wildtype particle)|
|Source||Human parvovirus B19 / virus|
|Map data||Human Parvovirus B19 (eB19, empty wildtype particle)|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 11.3 Å resolution|
|Authors||Kaufmann B / Chipman PR / Modrow S / Rossmann MG|
|Citation||J. Virol., 2008, 82, 7306-7312|
|Date||Deposition: Feb 5, 2008 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 7, 2008 / Map release: Mar 31, 2009 / Last update: Mar 31, 2009|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1467.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 5344 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.81649 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Human Parvovirus B19 (empty wildtype particle)
|Entire||Name: Human Parvovirus B19 (empty wildtype particle)|
Details: icosahedral, empty viral particle, non-enveloped protein shell
Number of components: 1
Oligomeric State: 60 VP subunits form icosahedral protein shell
|Mass||Theoretical: 3.6 MDa|
-Component #1: virus, Human parvovirus B19
|Virus||Name: Human parvovirus B19 / a.k.a: Human Parvovirus B19 / Class: OTHER|
Details: empty wildtype particles purified from human plasma, no ssDNA genome encapsidated
Empty: Yes / Enveloped: No / Isolate: SPECIES
|Mass||Theoretical: 3.6 MDa|
|Species||Species: Human parvovirus B19 / virus|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Homo sapiens / human / Host category: VERTEBRATES|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 1 mg/ml / Buffer solution: 25mM Tris-HCl / pH: 7.5|
|Support film||400 mesh copper|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
Method: A small vial of ethane is placed inside a larger liquid nitrogen reservoir. The grid holding a few microliters of the sample is held in place at the bottom of a plunger by the means of fine tweezers. Once the ethane in the vial is completely frozen, it needs to be slightly melted. When the liquid ethane is ready, a piece of filter paper is then pressed against the sample to blot of excess buffer, sufficient to leave a thin layer on the grid. After a predetermined time, the filter paper is removed, and the plunger is allowed to drop into the liquid ethane. Once the grid enters the liquid ethane, the sample is rapidly frozen, and the grid is transferred under liquid nitrogen to a storage box immersed liquid nitrogen for later use in the microscope.
Details: Vitrification instrument: guillotine-style plunge freezing device
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI/PHILIPS CM300FEG/T / Details: low dose|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 22 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 45000 X (nominal), 47000 X (calibrated) / Astigmatism: live FFT at 200K / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1250 - 3660 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: 98 K|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 31 / Scanner: ZEISS SCAI / Sampling size: 14 microns / Bit depth: 8|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Details: manual particle selection / Number of projections: 1959 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: model-based approach using Fourier methods / Software: EMPFT, POR, P3DR / CTF correction: each particle|
Details: final map includes data to 10.5 Ang resolution (fsc 0.3 cut-off), magnification of final map standardized to a map calculated from B19 VP2 VLP model coordinates (PDB accession no 1S58) resulting in final pixel separation of 2.8165Ang
Resolution: 11.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi