|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-0818|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of HPV6 PsV in complex with the Fab fragment of antibody 5D3|
|Sample||HPV6 PsV in complex with the Fab fragment of antibody 5D3|
|Biological species||Human papillomavirus type 6|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 16.55 Å|
|Authors||Li SW / Liu XL / Gu Y|
|Funding support|| China, 2 items |
|Citation||Journal: Emerg Microbes Infect / Year: 2019|
Title: Neutralization sites of human papillomavirus-6 relate to virus attachment and entry phase in viral infection.
Authors: Xinlin Liu / Jie Chen / Zhiping Wang / Daning Wang / Maozhou He / Ciying Qian / Shuo Song / Xin Chi / Zhibo Kong / Qingbing Zheng / Yingbin Wang / Hai Yu / Qinjian Zhao / Jun Zhang / Shaowei ...Authors: Xinlin Liu / Jie Chen / Zhiping Wang / Daning Wang / Maozhou He / Ciying Qian / Shuo Song / Xin Chi / Zhibo Kong / Qingbing Zheng / Yingbin Wang / Hai Yu / Qinjian Zhao / Jun Zhang / Shaowei Li / Ying Gu / Ningshao Xia /
Abstract: Human papillomavirus type 6 (HPV6) is the major etiologic agent of genital warts and recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Although the commercial HPV vaccines cover HPV6, the neutralization sites ...Human papillomavirus type 6 (HPV6) is the major etiologic agent of genital warts and recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Although the commercial HPV vaccines cover HPV6, the neutralization sites and mode for HPV6 are poorly understood. Here, we identify the HPV6 neutralization sites and discriminate the inhibition of virus attachment and entry by three potent neutralizing antibodies (nAbs), 5D3, 17D5, and 15F7. Mutagenesis assays showed that these nAbs predominantly target surface loops BC, DE, and FG of HPV6 L1. Cryo-EM structures of the HPV6 pseudovirus (PsV) and its immune complexes revealed three distinct binding modalities - full-occupation-bound to capsid, top-center-bound-, and top-rim-bound to pentamers - and illustrated a structural atlas for three classes of antibody-bound footprints that are located at center-distal ring, center, and center-proximal ring of pentamer surface for 5D3, 17D5, and 15F7, respectively. Two modes of neutralization were identified: mAb 5D3 and 17D5 block HPV PsV from attaching to the extracellular matrix (ECM) and the cell surface, whereas 15F7 allows PsV attachment but prohibits PsV from entering the cell. These findings highlight three neutralization sites of HPV6 L1 and outline two antibody-mediated neutralization mechanisms against HPV6, which will be relevant for HPV virology and antiviral inhibitor design. HighlightsMajor neutralization sites of HPV6 were mapped on the pseudovirus cryo-EM structuremAb 15F7 binds HPV6 capsid with a novel top-rim binding modality and confers a post-attachment neutralizationmAb 17D5 binds capsid in top-centre manner but unexpectedly prevents virus from attachment to cell surface.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_0818.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 1.7 GB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.128 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire HPV6 PsV in complex with the Fab fragment of antibody 5D3
|Entire||Name: HPV6 PsV in complex with the Fab fragment of antibody 5D3|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: protein, HPV6 PsV in complex with the Fab fragment of antibody 5D3
|Protein||Name: HPV6 PsV in complex with the Fab fragment of antibody 5D3|
Recombinant expression: No
|Source||Species: Human papillomavirus type 6|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 6.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F30 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F30|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 1367|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 16.55 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi