|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-0571|
|Title||HIV-1 vaccine elicited polyclonal 145-11 Fab in complex with the HIV Env trimer BG505 SOSIPv5.2|
|Sample||HIV-1 vaccine elicited Fab in complex with the HIV Env trimer BG505 SOSIPv5.2:|
SOSIP trimer / Polyclonal Fab
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human) / Macaca (macaques)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / negative staining / Resolution: 18.45 Å|
|Authors||Nogal B / Ward AB|
|Citation||Journal: Cell / Year: 2019|
Title: Slow Delivery Immunization Enhances HIV Neutralizing Antibody and Germinal Center Responses via Modulation of Immunodominance.
Authors: Kimberly M Cirelli / Diane G Carnathan / Bartek Nogal / Jacob T Martin / Oscar L Rodriguez / Amit A Upadhyay / Chiamaka A Enemuo / Etse H Gebru / Yury Choe / Federico Viviano / Catherine ...Authors: Kimberly M Cirelli / Diane G Carnathan / Bartek Nogal / Jacob T Martin / Oscar L Rodriguez / Amit A Upadhyay / Chiamaka A Enemuo / Etse H Gebru / Yury Choe / Federico Viviano / Catherine Nakao / Matthias G Pauthner / Samantha Reiss / Christopher A Cottrell / Melissa L Smith / Raiza Bastidas / William Gibson / Amber N Wolabaugh / Mariane B Melo / Benjamin Cossette / Venkatesh Kumar / Nirav B Patel / Talar Tokatlian / Sergey Menis / Daniel W Kulp / Dennis R Burton / Ben Murrell / William R Schief / Steven E Bosinger / Andrew B Ward / Corey T Watson / Guido Silvestri / Darrell J Irvine / Shane Crotty /
Abstract: Conventional immunization strategies will likely be insufficient for the development of a broadly neutralizing antibody (bnAb) vaccine for HIV or other difficult pathogens because of the ...Conventional immunization strategies will likely be insufficient for the development of a broadly neutralizing antibody (bnAb) vaccine for HIV or other difficult pathogens because of the immunological hurdles posed, including B cell immunodominance and germinal center (GC) quantity and quality. We found that two independent methods of slow delivery immunization of rhesus monkeys (RMs) resulted in more robust T follicular helper (T) cell responses and GC B cells with improved Env-binding, tracked by longitudinal fine needle aspirates. Improved GCs correlated with the development of >20-fold higher titers of autologous nAbs. Using a new RM genomic immunoglobulin locus reference, we identified differential IgV gene use between immunization modalities. Ab mapping demonstrated targeting of immunodominant non-neutralizing epitopes by conventional bolus-immunized animals, whereas slow delivery-immunized animals targeted a more diverse set of epitopes. Thus, alternative immunization strategies can enhance nAb development by altering GCs and modulating the immunodominance of non-neutralizing epitopes.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_0571.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 11.4 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.05 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire HIV-1 vaccine elicited Fab in complex with the HIV Env trimer BG5...
|Entire||Name: HIV-1 vaccine elicited Fab in complex with the HIV Env trimer BG505 SOSIPv5.2|
Number of components: 3
-Component #1: protein, HIV-1 vaccine elicited Fab in complex with the HIV Env t...
|Protein||Name: HIV-1 vaccine elicited Fab in complex with the HIV Env trimer BG505 SOSIPv5.2|
Recombinant expression: No
-Component #2: protein, SOSIP trimer
|Protein||Name: SOSIP trimer / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
-Component #3: protein, Polyclonal Fab
|Protein||Name: Polyclonal Fab / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Macaca (macaques)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: negative staining|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI 12|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: SIDE ENTRY, EUCENTRIC|
|Image acquisition||Sampling size: 14 µm|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 7382|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 18.45 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi