|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 6205|
|Title||Structure of ADP-bound N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor determined by single particle cryoelectron microscopy|
|Map data||Map of ADP-bound N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor. This map is unsharpened and unfiltered. The map was normalized using the program MAPMAN.|
|Sample||ADP-bound N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor:|
N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor
|Keywords||ATPases associated with diverse cellular activities|
|Function / homology||Aspartate decarboxylase-like domain superfamily / CDC48, domain 2 / AAA-protein family signature. / Cell division protein 48 (CDC48), domain 2 / Cell division protein 48 (CDC48), N-terminal domain / ATPase, AAA-type, conserved site / ATPase, AAA-type, core / AAA+ ATPase domain / CDC48, N-terminal subdomain / ATPase family associated with various cellular activities (AAA) ...Aspartate decarboxylase-like domain superfamily / CDC48, domain 2 / AAA-protein family signature. / Cell division protein 48 (CDC48), domain 2 / Cell division protein 48 (CDC48), N-terminal domain / ATPase, AAA-type, conserved site / ATPase, AAA-type, core / AAA+ ATPase domain / CDC48, N-terminal subdomain / ATPase family associated with various cellular activities (AAA) / CDC48 domain 2-like superfamily / Vesicle-fusing ATPase / P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase / SNARE complex disassembly / vesicle-fusing ATPase / positive regulation of receptor recycling / syntaxin-1 binding / ionotropic glutamate receptor binding / SNARE binding / potassium ion transport / ATPase activity, coupled / PDZ domain binding / positive regulation of protein catabolic process / intracellular protein transport / midbody / ATPase activity / protein-containing complex binding / protein kinase binding / ATP binding / identical protein binding / plasma membrane / metal ion binding / cytosol / Vesicle-fusing ATPase|
Function and homology information
|Source||Cricetulus griseus (Chinese hamster)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 7.6 Å resolution|
|Authors||Zhao M / Wu S / Zhou Q / Vivona S / Cipriano DJ / Cheng Y / Brunger AT|
|Citation||Journal: Nature / Year: 2015|
Title: Mechanistic insights into the recycling machine of the SNARE complex.
Authors: Minglei Zhao / Shenping Wu / Qiangjun Zhou / Sandro Vivona / Daniel J Cipriano / Yifan Cheng / Axel T Brunger
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 3j95|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Dec 5, 2014 / Header (metadata) release: Jan 28, 2015 / Map release: Jan 28, 2015 / Last update: Feb 11, 2015|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_6205.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 8193 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.4312 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire ADP-bound N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor
|Entire||Name: ADP-bound N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: hexamer|
|Mass||Theoretical: 500 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor
|Protein||Name: N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor / a.k.a: NSF / Oligomeric Details: hexamer / Recombinant expression: Yes / Number of Copies: 6|
|Mass||Theoretical: 83 kDa|
|Source||Species: Cricetulus griseus (Chinese hamster)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / Vector: pPROEX-1 / Strain: BL21(DE3)-RIL|
|External references||UniProt: Vesicle-fusing ATPase|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 15 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: 50 mM Tris-Cl, 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM ATP, 1 mM DTT, 0.05% v/v Nonident P-40
|Support film||Holey carbon on top of 400 mesh copper grid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK I / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 90 K / Humidity: 100 % / Method: Blot for 3.5 seconds before plunging.|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Polara / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI POLARA 300 / Date: Jan 14, 2014|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 44 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 31000 X (nominal) / Cs: 2.3 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: -1800 - -2800 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Details: Gatan K2 Summit in super-resolution counting mode. Motion correction as described in Li et al. (2013) Nature Methods.|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 12830|
Details: 3D classification, refinement, and reconstruction were performed using RELION.
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / CTF correction: Each particle / Resolution: 7.6 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143, gold-standard|
-Atomic model buiding
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi