|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-20136|
|Title||Cdc48 Hexamer (Focused Classification for Subunit F, state1)|
|Biological species||Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c (yeast)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 4.1 Å|
|Authors||Cooney I / Han H / Hill CP / Shen PS|
|Citation||Journal: Science / Year: 2019|
Title: Structure of the Cdc48 segregase in the act of unfolding an authentic substrate.
Authors: Ian Cooney / Han Han / Michael G Stewart / Richard H Carson / Daniel T Hansen / Janet H Iwasa / John C Price / Christopher P Hill / Peter S Shen /
Abstract: The cellular machine Cdc48 functions in multiple biological pathways by segregating its protein substrates from a variety of stable environments such as organelles or multi-subunit complexes. Despite ...The cellular machine Cdc48 functions in multiple biological pathways by segregating its protein substrates from a variety of stable environments such as organelles or multi-subunit complexes. Despite extensive studies, the mechanism of Cdc48 has remained obscure, and its reported structures are inconsistent with models of substrate translocation proposed for other AAA+ ATPases. Here, we report a 3.7 Å resolution structure of Cdc48 in complex with an adaptor protein and a native substrate. Cdc48 engages substrate by adopting a helical configuration of substrate-binding residues that extends through the central pore of both of the ATPase rings. These findings indicate a unified hand-over-hand mechanism of protein translocation by Cdc48 and other AAA+ ATPases.
|Date||Deposition: Apr 22, 2019 / Header (metadata) release: May 8, 2019 / Map release: Jul 10, 2019 / Update: Jul 10, 2019|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_20136.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 64 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.168 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Cdc48-Substrate Complex
|Entire||Name: Cdc48-Substrate Complex / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Cdc48-Substrate Complex
|Protein||Name: Cdc48-Substrate Complex / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c (yeast)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Talos Arctica / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TALOS ARCTICA|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 48 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 35740|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 4.1 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi