|Title||A structural mechanism for phosphorylation-dependent inactivation of the AP2 complex.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Elife, Vol. 8, Year 2019|
|Publish date||Aug 29, 2019|
|Authors||Edward A Partlow / Richard W Baker / Gwendolyn M Beacham / Joshua S Chappie / Andres E Leschziner / Gunther Hollopeter /|
|PubMed Abstract||Endocytosis of transmembrane proteins is orchestrated by the AP2 clathrin adaptor complex. AP2 dwells in a closed, inactive state in the cytosol, but adopts an open, active conformation on the plasma ...Endocytosis of transmembrane proteins is orchestrated by the AP2 clathrin adaptor complex. AP2 dwells in a closed, inactive state in the cytosol, but adopts an open, active conformation on the plasma membrane. Membrane-activated complexes are also phosphorylated, but the significance of this mark is debated. We recently proposed that NECAP negatively regulates AP2 by binding open and phosphorylated complexes (Beacham et al., 2018). Here, we report high-resolution cryo-EM structures of NECAP bound to phosphorylated AP2. The site of AP2 phosphorylation is directly coordinated by residues of the NECAP PHear domain that are predicted from genetic screens in . Using membrane mimetics to generate conformationally open AP2, we find that a second domain of NECAP binds these complexes and cryo-EM reveals both domains of NECAP engaging closed, inactive AP2. Assays in vitro and in vivo confirm these domains cooperate to inactivate AP2. We propose that phosphorylation marks adaptors for inactivation.|
|External links||Elife / PubMed:31464684 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.2 - 3.5 Å|
|Keywords||Adaptor Protein Complex 2 / Adaptor Proteins, Vesicular Transport / Caenorhabditis elegans Proteins / Cryoelectron Microscopy / NCAP-1 protein, C elegans / Phosphorylation / Protein Binding / Protein Processing, Post-Translational / ENDOCYTOSIS / AP2 / NECAP2 PROTEIN / CLATHRIN VESICLE / LIPID-BINDING / ADAPTOR / MEMBRANE / TRANSPORT / CYTOPLASMIC VESICLE|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi