|Title||Thermophile 90S Pre-ribosome Structures Reveal the Reverse Order of Co-transcriptional 18S rRNA Subdomain Integration.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Mol Cell, Vol. 75, Issue 6, Page 1256-11269.e7, Year 2019|
|Publish date||Sep 19, 2019|
|Authors||Jingdong Cheng / Jochen Baßler / Paulina Fischer / Benjamin Lau / Nikola Kellner / Ruth Kunze / Sabine Griesel / Martina Kallas / Otto Berninghausen / Daniela Strauss / Roland Beckmann / Ed Hurt /|
|PubMed Abstract||Eukaryotic ribosome biogenesis involves RNA folding and processing that depend on assembly factors and small nucleolar RNAs (snoRNAs). The 90S (SSU-processome) is the earliest pre-ribosome ...Eukaryotic ribosome biogenesis involves RNA folding and processing that depend on assembly factors and small nucleolar RNAs (snoRNAs). The 90S (SSU-processome) is the earliest pre-ribosome structurally analyzed, which was suggested to assemble stepwise along the growing pre-rRNA from 5' > 3', but this directionality may not be accurate. Here, by analyzing the structure of a series of 90S assembly intermediates from Chaetomium thermophilum, we discover a reverse order of 18S rRNA subdomain incorporation. Large parts of the 18S rRNA 3' and central domains assemble first into the 90S before the 5' domain is integrated. This final incorporation depends on a contact between a heterotrimer Enp2-Bfr2-Lcp5 recruited to the flexible 5' domain and Kre33, which reconstitutes the Kre33-Enp-Brf2-Lcp5 module on the compacted 90S. Keeping the 5' domain temporarily segregated from the 90S scaffold could provide extra time to complete the multifaceted 5' domain folding, which depends on a distinct set of snoRNAs and processing factors.|
|External links||Mol Cell / PubMed:31378463|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.5 - 7.1 Å|
EMDB-10054: Cryo-EM structure of the 90S pre-ribosome (Kre33-Noc4) from Chaetomium thermophilum, state C
|Keywords||Chaetomium / Fungal Proteins / Nucleic Acid Conformation / RNA, Fungal / RNA, Ribosomal, 18S / Ribosomes / RIBOSOME / ribosome biogenesis / rRNA|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi