|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 6bnu|
|Title||Structure of bare actin filament, backbone-averaged with sidechains truncated to alanine|
|Components||Actin, alpha skeletal muscle|
|Keywords||CONTRACTILE PROTEIN / Cytoskeleton / Filament|
|Function / homology||Actin/actin-like conserved site / Actin / Actin, conserved site / Actin family / Actins and actin-related proteins signature. / Actins signature 2. / Actins signature 1. / positive regulation of actin-dependent ATPase activity / mesenchyme migration / tropomyosin binding ...Actin/actin-like conserved site / Actin / Actin, conserved site / Actin family / Actins and actin-related proteins signature. / Actins signature 2. / Actins signature 1. / positive regulation of actin-dependent ATPase activity / mesenchyme migration / tropomyosin binding / myosin heavy chain binding / troponin I binding / actin filament bundle / filamentous actin / skeletal muscle thin filament assembly / striated muscle thin filament / actin monomer binding / skeletal muscle fiber development / skeletal muscle myofibril / actin filament bundle assembly / stress fiber / titin binding / actin filament polymerization / filopodium / actin filament / calcium-dependent protein binding / cell body / lamellipodium / protein domain specific binding / positive regulation of gene expression / calcium ion binding / magnesium ion binding / ATP binding / identical protein binding / cytoplasm / Actin, alpha skeletal muscle|
Function and homology information
|Specimen source||Oryctolagus cuniculus (rabbit)|
|Method||ELECTRON MICROSCOPY / helical reconstruction / cryo EM / 7.5 Å resolution|
|Authors||Gurel, P.S. / Alushin, G.A.|
|Citation||Journal: Nat Nanotechnol / Year: 2018|
Title: Controllable molecular motors engineered from myosin and RNA.
Authors: Tosan Omabegho / Pinar S Gurel / Clarence Y Cheng / Laura Y Kim / Paul V Ruijgrok / Rhiju Das / Gregory M Alushin / Zev Bryant
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Nov 17, 2017 / Release: Jan 10, 2018|
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
B: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
C: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
D: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
E: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
F: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
G: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
H: Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
Mass: 41560.266 Da / Num. of mol.: 8 / Source: (natural) Oryctolagus cuniculus (rabbit) / References: UniProt: P68135
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: FILAMENT / Reconstruction method: helical reconstruction|
|Component||Name: Bare actin filament / Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: 1 / Source: NATURAL|
|Molecular weight||Value: 0.042 MDa / Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Oryctolagus cuniculus (rabbit)|
|Buffer solution||Details: Buffer was filtered through 0.44 um filter and degassed.|
|Specimen||Conc.: 0.025 mg/ml / Details: filamentous bare actin / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 200 / Grid type: C-flat-1.2/1.3|
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM GP / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 95 % / Chamber temperature: 298 kelvins|
Details: Sample was applied to a glow-discharged holey carbon grid, incubated for 60 seconds, and blotted for 3 seconds from the backside with filter paper.
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TECNAI 20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELDBright-field microscopy / Nominal magnification: 29000 / Nominal defocus max: 3000 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1500 nm / Cs: 2 mm / C2 aperture diameter: 100 microns / Alignment procedure: COMA FREE|
|Specimen holder||Cryogen: NITROGEN|
Specimen holder model: GATAN 626 SINGLE TILT LIQUID NITROGEN CRYO TRANSFER HOLDER
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 0.25 sec. / Electron dose: 1.5 e/Å2 / Detector mode: COUNTING / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k) / Number of grids imaged: 1 / Number of real images: 442|
|Image scans||Sampling size: 5 microns / Width: 3838 / Height: 3710 / Movie frames/image: 24 / Used frames/image: 1-24|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Helical symmerty||Angular rotation/subunit: -166.65 deg. / Axial rise/subunit: 28.11 Å / Axial symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 7.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 63139 / Algorithm: FOURIER SPACE / Number of class averages: 1 / Symmetry type: HELICAL|
|Atomic model building||Details: Atomistic model was backbone-averaged in Phenix; side chains were truncated to alanine. This treatment has resulted in the errors noted in the associated caveats.|
Overall b value: 350 / Ref protocol: FLEXIBLE FIT / Ref space: REAL
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi