|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 183l|
|Title||SPECIFICITY OF LIGAND BINDING IN A BURIED NON-POLAR CAVITY OF T4 LYSOZYME: LINKAGE OF DYNAMICS AND STRUCTURAL PLASTICITY|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
viral release from host cell by cytolysis / peptidoglycan catabolic process / cell wall macromolecule catabolic process / lysozyme / lysozyme activity / cytolysis / defense response to bacterium / host cell cytoplasm
Similarity search - Function
Lysozyme - #40 / Endolysin T4 type / T4-type lysozyme / Glycoside hydrolase, family 24 / Lysozyme domain superfamily / Phage lysozyme / Lysozyme / Lysozyme-like domain superfamily / Orthogonal Bundle / Mainly Alpha
Similarity search - Domain/homology
INDENE / 2-HYDROXYETHYL DISULFIDE / Endolysin
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Enterobacteria phage T4 (virus)|
|Method||X-RAY DIFFRACTION / Resolution: 1.8 Å|
|Authors||Morton, A. / Matthews, B.W.|
Journal: Biochemistry / Year: 1995
Title: Specificity of ligand binding in a buried nonpolar cavity of T4 lysozyme: linkage of dynamics and structural plasticity.
Authors: Morton, A. / Matthews, B.W.
#1: Journal: To be Published
Title: Energetic Origins of Specificity of Ligand Binding in an Interior Cavity of T4 Lysozyme
Authors: Morton, A. / Baase, W.A. / Matthews, B.W.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: T4 LYSOZYME
|#1: Protein|| |
Mass: 18586.283 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Enterobacteria phage T4 (virus) / Genus: T4-like viruses / Species: Enterobacteria phage T4 sensu lato / Plasmid: M13 / References: UniProt: P00720, lysozyme
|#2: Chemical||#3: Chemical|| ChemComp-HED / ||#4: Chemical|| ChemComp-DEN / ||#5: Water|| ChemComp-HOH / |
|Experiment||Method: X-RAY DIFFRACTION|
|Crystal||Density Matthews: 2.78 Å3/Da / Density % sol: 55.77 %|
*PLUSMethod: vapor diffusion, hanging drop / PH range low: 7.1 / PH range high: 6.3
|Components of the solutions|
|Radiation||Scattering type: x-ray|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
*PLUSHighest resolution: 1.8 Å / Lowest resolution: 20 Å / Num. obs: 29444 / % possible obs: 65 % / Observed criterion σ(I): 0
|Software||Name: TNT / Classification: refinement|
|Refinement||Resolution: 1.8→20 Å / σ(F): 0 / |
|Refinement step||Cycle: LAST / Resolution: 1.8→20 Å|
|Refine LS restraints|
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi