|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-9890|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of human apoferritin at 1.9A resolution by CRYO ARM 300|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 1.9 Å|
|Authors||Hamaguchi T / Maki-Yonekura S / Naitow H / Matsuura Y / Ishikawa T / Yonekura K|
|Funding support|| Japan, 4 items |
|Citation||Journal: J. Struct. Biol. / Year: 2019|
Title: A new cryo-EM system for single particle analysis.
Authors: Tasuku Hamaguchi / Saori Maki-Yonekura / Hisashi Naitow / Yoshinori Matsuura / Tetsuya Ishikawa / Koji Yonekura /
Abstract: A new cryo-EM system has been investigated for single particle analysis of protein structures. The system provides parallel illumination of a highly-coherent 300 kV electron beam from a cold-field ...A new cryo-EM system has been investigated for single particle analysis of protein structures. The system provides parallel illumination of a highly-coherent 300 kV electron beam from a cold-field emission gun, and boosts image contrast with an in-column energy filter and a hole-free phase plate. It includes motorized cryo-sample loading and automated liquid-nitrogen filling for cooling multiple samples. In this study, we describe gun and electron beam characteristics, and demonstrate the suitability of this system for single particle reconstructions. The performance of the system is tested on two examples, a spherical virus and apoferritin. GUI programs have also been developed to control and monitor the system for correct illumination, imaging with less ellipticity and steady magnification, and timing of flashing and liquid-nitrogen filling. These programs are especially useful for efficient application of the system to single particle cryo-EM.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_9890.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 512 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 0.495 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
|Entire||Name: apoferritinFerritin / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: cellular-component, apoferritin
|Cellular-component||Name: apoferritinFerritin / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 3.5 mg/mL / pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 277 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 101 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Magnification: 100000.0 X (nominal) / Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 3000.0 - 13000.0 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: JEOL|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 1292|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi