|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-9802|
|Title||Nucleosome bound to C-terminal ELYS fragment|
|Sample||Nucleosome bound to C-terminal ELYS fragment|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 4.3 Å|
|Authors||Kobayashi W / Takizawa Y / Aihara M / Negishi L / Ishii H / Kurumizaka H|
|Citation||Journal: Commun Biol / Year: 2019|
Title: Structural and biochemical analyses of the nuclear pore complex component ELYS identify residues responsible for nucleosome binding.
Authors: Wataru Kobayashi / Yoshimasa Takizawa / Maya Aihara / Lumi Negishi / Hajime Ishii / Hitoshi Kurumizaka /
Abstract: The nuclear pore complex embedded within the nuclear envelope is the essential architecture for trafficking macromolecules, such as proteins and RNAs, between the cytoplasm and nucleus. The nuclear ...The nuclear pore complex embedded within the nuclear envelope is the essential architecture for trafficking macromolecules, such as proteins and RNAs, between the cytoplasm and nucleus. The nuclear pore complex assembly occurs on chromatin in the post-mitotic phase of the cell cycle. ELYS (MEL-28/AHCTF1) binds to the nucleosome, which is the basic chromatin unit, and promotes assembly of the complex around the chromosomes in cells. Here we show that the Arg-Arg-Lys (RRK) stretch of the C-terminal ELYS region plays an essential role in the nucleosome binding. The cryo-EM structure and the crosslinking mass spectrometry reveal that the ELYS C-terminal region directly binds to the acidic patch of the nucleosome. These results provide mechanistic insight into the ELYS-nucleosome interaction, which promotes the post-mitotic nuclear pore complex formation around chromosomes in cells.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_9802.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 15.6 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.32 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Nucleosome bound to C-terminal ELYS fragment
|Entire||Name: Nucleosome bound to C-terminal ELYS fragment / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Nucleosome bound to C-terminal ELYS fragment
|Protein||Name: Nucleosome bound to C-terminal ELYS fragment / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
Vector: pGEX6P-1-xELYS(2299-2408), pET15b-H3.1, pET15b-H4, pET15b-H2A, pET15b-H2B, pGEM-T-Easy-(Widom 601 145 base-pair)
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Talos Arctica / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TALOS ARCTICA|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 1.4 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 2408|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 81088|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 4.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
|FSC plot (resolution estimation)|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Refinement protocol: rigid body|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi