|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 8578|
|Title||Negative Stain EM of C05 mutant Fab (VPGSGW) and CR9114 Fab in complex with H1 HA Trimer|
|Sample||Negative stain EM map of C05 Mutant Fab (VPGSGW) and CR9114 fabs in complex with H1 HA trimer.|
|Source||Influenza A virus (A/Solomon Islands/3/2006(H1N1)) / virus|
|Map data||EM negative stain map of CR9114 and VPGSGW fabs in complex with H1 hemagglutinin trimer.|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 18 Å resolution|
|Authors||Turner HL / Ward AB|
|Citation||Nat Commun, 2017, 8, 15371-15371|
|Date||Deposition: Feb 1, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 15, 2017 / Map release: May 31, 2017 / Last update: May 31, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_8578.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 11944 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.05 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Negative stain EM map of C05 Mutant Fab (VPGSGW) and CR9114 fabs ...
|Entire||Name: Negative stain EM map of C05 Mutant Fab (VPGSGW) and CR9114 fabs in complex with H1 HA trimer.|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: protein, Negative stain EM map of C05 Mutant Fab (VPGSGW) and CR9...
|Protein||Name: Negative stain EM map of C05 Mutant Fab (VPGSGW) and CR9114 fabs in complex with H1 HA trimer.|
Recombinant expression: No
|Source||Species: Influenza A virus (A/Solomon Islands/3/2006(H1N1)) / virus|
Strain: A/Solomon Islands/3/2006(H1N1)
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Drosophila / arthropod / image: Drosophila melanogaster|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.019 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: Solution was made fresh using 0.2um filter.
|Staining||0.2% Uranyl Formate. Samples were placed on 400 mesh copper grids covered with nitrocellulose. Samples were blotted off and UF was added for a total of 30 seconds before being blotted off.|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Spirit / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI SPIRIT|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F416 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 93|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 18874|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: BACK PROJECTION / Software: sxali3d.py / Resolution: 18 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi