|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-7377|
|Title||Single Molecule 3D Image of a Hole-Hole Homodimer Species Generated in the Production of a Bispecific Recombinant IgG1 (No. 025)|
|Sample||IgG1 hole-hole homodimer|
|Biological species||unidentified (others)|
|Method||electron tomography / negative staining / Resolution: 12.7 Å|
|Authors||Lei D / Liu J / Liu H / Lei M / Ren G|
|Funding support|| United States, 4 items |
|Citation||Journal: Sci Rep / Year: 2019|
Title: Single-Molecule 3D Images of "Hole-Hole" IgG1 Homodimers by Individual-Particle Electron Tomography.
Authors: Dongsheng Lei / Jianfang Liu / Hongbin Liu / Thomas E Cleveland / John P Marino / Ming Lei / Gang Ren /
Abstract: The engineering of immunoglobulin-G molecules (IgGs) is of wide interest for improving therapeutics, for example by modulating the activity or multiplexing the specificity of IgGs to recognize more ...The engineering of immunoglobulin-G molecules (IgGs) is of wide interest for improving therapeutics, for example by modulating the activity or multiplexing the specificity of IgGs to recognize more than one antigen. Optimization of engineered IgG requires knowledge of three-dimensional (3D) structure of synthetic IgG. However, due to flexible nature of the molecules, their structural characterization is challenging. Here, we use our reported individual-particle electron tomography (IPET) method with optimized negative-staining (OpNS) for direct 3D reconstruction of individual IgG hole-hole homodimer molecules. The hole-hole homodimer is an undesired variant generated during the production of a bispecific antibody using the knob-into-hole heterodimer technology. A total of 64 IPET 3D density maps at ~15 Å resolutions were reconstructed from 64 individual molecules, revealing 64 unique conformations. In addition to the known Y-shaped conformation, we also observed an unusual X-shaped conformation. The 3D structure of the X-shaped conformation contributes to our understanding of the structural details of the interaction between two heavy chains in the Fc domain. The IPET approach, as an orthogonal technique to characterize the 3D structure of therapeutic antibodies, provides insight into the 3D structural variety and dynamics of heterogeneous IgG molecules.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_7377.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 8 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.96 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire IgG1 hole-hole homodimer
|Entire||Name: IgG1 hole-hole homodimer / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, IgG1 hole-hole homodimer
|Protein||Name: IgG1 hole-hole homodimer / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: unidentified (others)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Cricetulus griseus (Chinese hamster) / Cell of expression system: ovary|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: negative staining|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (DPBS)|
|Staining||The grid was stained with 1% (w/v) uranyl formate|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: ZEISS LIBRA120PLUS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 70.07 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 80000.0 X (nominal) / Cs: 2.2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Energy filter: In-column Omega Filter|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN ULTRASCAN 4000 (4k x 4k)|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi