|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-6951|
|Title||Hepatitis B virus spherical subviral particle|
|Sample||Hepatitis B virus:|
|Biological species||Hepatitis B virus|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 30.1 Å|
|Authors||Cao J / Luo S / Zhang J / Zhu P|
|Citation||Journal: Virus Res. / Year: 2019|
Title: Cryo-EM structure of native spherical subviral particles isolated from HBV carriers.
Authors: Jianhao Cao / Junchang Zhang / Yanmeng Lu / Shuhong Luo / Jingqiang Zhang / Ping Zhu /
Abstract: Hepatitis B virus (HBV) contains 3 types of particles, i.e., 22-nm-diameter spherical and tubular subviral particles (SVPs) and 44-nm-diameter Dane particles. The SVPs are non-infectious and present ...Hepatitis B virus (HBV) contains 3 types of particles, i.e., 22-nm-diameter spherical and tubular subviral particles (SVPs) and 44-nm-diameter Dane particles. The SVPs are non-infectious and present strong immunogenicity, while Dane particles are infectious. In this study, we isolated spherical SVPs from HBV carriers' sera and determined their 3D structure at the resolution of ∼30 Å by cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) single-particle reconstruction. Our cryo-EM structure suggests that the native HBV spherical SVP is irregularly organized, where spike-like features are arranged in a crystalline-like pattern on the surface. Strikingly, the hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the native spherical SVPs folds as protrusions on the surface, as those on the native tubular SVPs and Dane particles, but is largely different from that in the recombinant octahedral SVPs. These results suggest a universal folding shape of HBsAg on the native HBV viral and subviral particles.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_6951.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 27 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.5 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Hepatitis B virus
|Entire||Name: Hepatitis B virus / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Hepatitis B virus
|Virus||Name: Hepatitis B virus / Class: VIRION / Empty: Yes / Enveloped: Yes / Isolate: SEROCOMPLEX|
|Species||Species: Hepatitis B virus|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Talos Arctica / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TALOS ARCTICA|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: DIRECT ELECTRON DE-20 (5k x 3k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 5478|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 30.1 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi