|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5124|
|Title||Cryo-EM of Rift Valley fever virus|
|Keywords||cryo-electron microscopy / single particle averaging / Rift valley fever / bunyaviridae / inter-capsomer contacts|
|Sample||Rift Valley fever virus, RVFV vaccine strain MP-12|
|Source||Rift Valley fever virus / virus / RVFV|
|Map data||this is RVFV map in 2-fold orientation|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 27 Å resolution|
|Authors||Sherman MB / Freiberg AN / Holbrook AM / Watowich SJ|
|Citation||Virology, 2009, 387, 11-15|
primary. Virology, 2009, 387, 11-15 Yorodumi Papers
1. J.VIROL., 2008, 82, 10341-10348
|Date||Deposition: Jul 20, 2009 / Header (metadata) release: Jul 24, 2009 / Map release: Jul 24, 2009 / Last update: Jul 8, 2011|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5124.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 358337 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Rift Valley fever virus, RVFV vaccine strain MP-12
|Entire||Name: Rift Valley fever virus, RVFV vaccine strain MP-12 / Details: monodisperse sample / Number of components: 8 / Oligomeric State: single virions|
-Component #1: virus, Rift Valley fever virus
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.1 mg/ml / Buffer solution: 10 mM Tris-HCl, 100 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA / pH: 7.2|
|Support film||200 mesh copper Qauntifoil grids|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 95 K / Humidity: 80 % / Method: blot 2 sec before plunging / Details: Vitrification instrument: pneumatic plunger|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2200FS / Date: Nov 1, 2007|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Electron beam tilt params: 0 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 40000 X (nominal), 40200 X (calibrated)|
Astigmatism: objective lens astigmatism was corrected at 100,000 times magnification
Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 700 - 3700 nm / Energy filter: omega / Energy window: 0-20 eV
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: 99 K ( 99 - 99 K)|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN ULTRASCAN 4000 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 93 / Sampling size: 14 microns / Bit depth: 16|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Number of projections: 108 / Number of class averages: 1 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: PFT / Software: PFT / CTF correction: Each particle / Details: Final map calculated from 108 particles / Resolution: 27 Å / Resolution method: FSC|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi