|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-4238|
|Title||Human Bact spliceosome state 6 unmasked|
|Sample||human Bact spliceosome state 1 unmasked|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 8.1 Å|
|Authors||Haselbach D / Komarov I / Agafonov D / Kastner B / Luehrmann R / Stark H|
|Citation||Journal: Cell / Year: 2018|
Title: Structure and Conformational Dynamics of the Human Spliceosomal B Complex.
Authors: David Haselbach / Ilya Komarov / Dmitry E Agafonov / Klaus Hartmuth / Benjamin Graf / Olexandr Dybkov / Henning Urlaub / Berthold Kastner / Reinhard Lührmann / Holger Stark /
Abstract: The spliceosome is a highly dynamic macromolecular complex that precisely excises introns from pre-mRNA. Here we report the cryo-EM 3D structure of the human B spliceosome at 3.4 Å resolution. In ...The spliceosome is a highly dynamic macromolecular complex that precisely excises introns from pre-mRNA. Here we report the cryo-EM 3D structure of the human B spliceosome at 3.4 Å resolution. In the B state, the spliceosome is activated but not catalytically primed, so that it is functionally blocked prior to the first catalytic step of splicing. The spliceosomal core is similar to the yeast B spliceosome; important differences include the presence of the RNA helicase aquarius and peptidyl prolyl isomerases. To examine the overall dynamic behavior of the purified spliceosome, we developed a principal component analysis-based approach. Calculating the energy landscape revealed eight major conformational states, which we refined to higher resolution. Conformational differences of the highly flexible structural components between these eight states reveal how spliceosomal components contribute to the assembly of the spliceosome, allowing it to generate a dynamic interaction network required for its subsequent catalytic activation.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_4238.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 282.6 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.16 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire human Bact spliceosome state 1 unmasked
|Entire||Name: human Bact spliceosome state 1 unmasked / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, human Bact spliceosome state 1 unmasked
|Protein||Name: human Bact spliceosome state 1 unmasked / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 4.5 MDa|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human) / Strain: HELA|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.05 mg/mL / pH: 7.9|
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM GP / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 277 K / Humidity: 75 % / Details: blot with blotting sensor.|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 40 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Magnification: 59000 X (nominal) / Cs: 0.001 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 800.0 - 4500.0 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON III (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 32000 / Sampling size: 14 µm|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 81471|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 8.1 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Refinement protocol: rigid body|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi