|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3952|
|Map data||Cowpea mosaic virus empty virus like particle|
|Sample||Cowpea mosaic virus:|
|Source||Cowpea mosaic virus|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 2.7 Å resolution|
|Authors||Meshcheriakova Y / Durrant A / Hesketh EL / Ranson NA / Lomonossoff GP|
|Citation||Journal: Biochem. Soc. Trans. / Year: 2017|
Title: Combining high-resolution cryo-electron microscopy and mutagenesis to develop cowpea mosaic virus for bionanotechnology.
Authors: Yulia Meshcheriakova / Alex Durrant / Emma L Hesketh / Neil A Ranson / George P Lomonossoff
Abstract: Particles of cowpea mosaic virus (CPMV) have enjoyed considerable success as nanoparticles. The development of a system for producing empty virus-like particles (eVLPs) of the virus, which are ...Particles of cowpea mosaic virus (CPMV) have enjoyed considerable success as nanoparticles. The development of a system for producing empty virus-like particles (eVLPs) of the virus, which are non-infectious and have the potential to be loaded with heterologous material, has increased the number of possible applications for CPMV-based particles. However, for this potential to be realised, it was essential to demonstrate that eVLPs were accurate surrogates for natural virus particles, and this information was provided by high-resolution cryo-EM studies of eVLPs. This demonstration has enabled the approaches developed for the production of modified particles developed with natural CPMV particles to be applied to eVLPs. Furthermore, a combination of cryo-EM and mutagenic studies allowed the development of particles which are permeable but which could still assemble efficiently. These particles were shown to be loadable with cobalt, indicating that they can, indeed, be used as nano-containers.
|Date||Deposition: Oct 26, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 15, 2017 / Map release: Dec 27, 2017 / Last update: Dec 27, 2017|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3952.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 296353 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.0651 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Cowpea mosaic virus
|Entire||Name: Cowpea mosaic virus / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Cowpea mosaic virus
|Virus||Name: Cowpea mosaic virus / Class: VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLE / Empty: Yes / Enveloped: No / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Species||Species: Cowpea mosaic virus|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: NICOTIANA BENTHAMIANA (plant)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 67.5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON III (4k x 4k)|
|Raw data||EMPIAR-10205 (Title: Combining high-resolution cryo-electron microscopy and mutagenesis to develop cowpea mosaic virus for bionanotechnology|
Data size: 351.5 / Data #1: Corrected movies [micrographs - multiframe])
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi