|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3868|
|Title||Cryo-EM single particle reconstruction of Melbournevirus particle.|
|Map data||Melbournevirus capsid(applied inner mask)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 26.3 Å resolution|
|Authors||Okamoto K / Miyazaki N / Reddy KNH / Hantke FM / Maia RNCF / Larsson SDD / Abergel C / Claverie JM / Hajdu J / Murata K / Svenda M|
|Citation||Journal: Virology / Year: 2018|
Title: Cryo-EM structure of a Marseilleviridae virus particle reveals a large internal microassembly.
Authors: Kenta Okamoto / Naoyuki Miyazaki / Hemanth K N Reddy / Max F Hantke / Filipe R N C Maia / Daniel S D Larsson / Chantal Abergel / Jean-Michel Claverie / Janos Hajdu / Kazuyoshi Murata / Martin Svenda
Abstract: Nucleocytoplasmic large DNA viruses (NCLDVs) blur the line between viruses and cells. Melbournevirus (MelV, family Marseilleviridae) belongs to a new family of NCLDVs. Here we present an electron ...Nucleocytoplasmic large DNA viruses (NCLDVs) blur the line between viruses and cells. Melbournevirus (MelV, family Marseilleviridae) belongs to a new family of NCLDVs. Here we present an electron cryo-microscopy structure of the MelV particle, with the large triangulation number T = 309 constructed by 3080 pseudo-hexagonal capsomers. The most distinct feature of the particle is a large and dense body (LDB) consistently found inside all particles. Electron cryo-tomography of 147 particles shows that the LDB is preferentially located in proximity to the probable lipid bilayer. The LDB is 30 nm in size and its density matches that of a genome/protein complex. The observed LDB reinforces the structural complexity of MelV, setting it apart from other NCLDVs.
|Date||Deposition: Sep 12, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Dec 20, 2017 / Map release: Mar 14, 2018 / Last update: Mar 14, 2018|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3868.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 2370 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.31 Å|
CCP4 map header:
|Entire||Name: Melbournevirus / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Melbournevirus
|Virus||Name: Melbournevirus / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: No / Isolate: SPECIES|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Acanthamoeba (eukaryote)|
|Shell #1||Name of element: Capsid / Diameter: 2320.0 Å / T number(triangulation number): 309|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2200FS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 2 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Cs: 4.2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1000.0 - 5000.0 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: JEOL|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F415 (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 7005|
|3D reconstruction||Software: EMAN2 / Resolution: 26.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi