|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3434|
|Title||Single-particle cryo-EM using alignment by classification (ABC):Lumbricus terrestris hemoglobin at near-atomic resolution|
|Keywords||Lumbricus terrestris / hemoglobin / oxygen carrier / erythrocruorin|
|Sample||Hemoglobin purified from Lumbricus Terrestris|
|Source||Lumbricus terrestris / invertebrata / Common Earthworm|
|Map data||Worm hemoglobin cryo-EM 3D reconstruction sharpened and auto-masked|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 3.8 Å resolution|
|Authors||Afanasyev P / Linnemayr-Seer C / Ravelli RBG / Matadeen R / De Carlo S / Alewijnse B / Portugal RV / Pannu NS / Schatz M / van Heel M|
|Citation||IUCrJ, 2017, 4, 678-694|
IUCrJ, 2017, 4, 678-694 Yorodumi Papers
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 5m3l|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: May 11, 2016 / Header (metadata) release: Jun 15, 2016 / Map release: Jul 26, 2017 / Last update: Jul 26, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3434.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 182251 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.11 Å|
CCP4 map header:
|File||emd_3434_msk.map ( map file in CCP4 format, 182251 KB )|
|Projections & Slices|
|Data type||Image stored as Reals|
|Space group number||1|
|Annotation details||Automatic mask applied to final 3D reconstruction|
-Entire Hemoglobin purified from Lumbricus Terrestris
|Entire||Name: Hemoglobin purified from Lumbricus Terrestris / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Dodecamer|
|Mass||Theoretical: 3.6 MDa|
-Component #1: protein, Hemoglobin
|Protein||Name: Hemoglobin / a.k.a: Erythrocruorin / Oligomeric Details: Dodecamer / Recombinant expression: No / Number of Copies: 12|
|Mass||Theoretical: 3.6 MDa|
|Source||Species: Lumbricus terrestris / invertebrata / Common Earthworm|
|Source (natural)||Organ or tissue: hemolymph|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 0.1 M Tris-HCl buffer, 1 mM EDTA / pH: 7|
|Support film||Quantifoil grid (R2/2, Quantifoil Micro Tools GmbH)|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 % / Method: 2.5 s blot time|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Date: May 25, 2014|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 40 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 59000 X (nominal) / Cs: 0.02 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1000 - 1200 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 5235 / Bit depth: 16|
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi