|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3303|
|Title||Cryo-EM reconstruction of Seneca VAlley Virus - receptor complex|
|Sample||Cryo-EM reconstruction of Seneca Valley Virus - receptor complex|
|Source||Seneca valley virus / virus|
|Map data||Cryo-EM reconstruction of SVV-receptor complex|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 18 Å resolution|
|Authors||Miles LA / Burga L / Bostina M / Poirier JT / Rudin CM|
|Citation||J. Clin. Invest., 2017, 127, 2957-2967|
|Date||Deposition: Jan 21, 2016 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 3, 2016 / Map release: Oct 11, 2017 / Last update: Oct 11, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3303.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 22783 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.12 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Cryo-EM reconstruction of Seneca Valley Virus - receptor complex
|Entire||Name: Cryo-EM reconstruction of Seneca Valley Virus - receptor complex|
Number of components: 2
-Component #1: virus, Seneca valley virus
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA KF80 / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2200FS / Date: Oct 1, 2015|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 30 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: JEOL|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F416 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 400|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral) / Number of projections: 400|
|3D reconstruction||Software: Relion / Resolution: 18 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143, gold-standard|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi