|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-20981|
|Title||Negative-stain EM map from 3D sorting of unimmunized control rhesus macaque BZ13 serum fab complexed with BG505 SOSIP.664 trimer|
|Sample||Polyclonal serum fab with BG505 SOSIP.664:|
BG505 SOSIPv5.2 trimer / Polyclonal Fab
|Biological species||Human immunodeficiency virus 1 / Macaca mulatta (Rhesus monkey)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / negative staining / Resolution: 24.5 Å|
|Authors||Nogal B / Ward AB|
|Funding support|| United States, 2 items |
|Citation||Journal: Cell Rep / Year: 2020|
Title: Mapping Polyclonal Antibody Responses in Non-human Primates Vaccinated with HIV Env Trimer Subunit Vaccines.
Authors: Bartek Nogal / Matteo Bianchi / Christopher A Cottrell / Robert N Kirchdoerfer / Leigh M Sewall / Hannah L Turner / Fangzhu Zhao / Devin Sok / Dennis R Burton / Lars Hangartner / Andrew B Ward /
Abstract: Rational immunogen design aims to focus antibody responses to vulnerable sites on primary antigens. Given the size of these antigens, there is, however, potential for eliciting unwanted, off-target ...Rational immunogen design aims to focus antibody responses to vulnerable sites on primary antigens. Given the size of these antigens, there is, however, potential for eliciting unwanted, off-target responses. Here, we use our electron microscopy polyclonal epitope mapping approach to describe the antibody specificities elicited by immunization of non-human primates with soluble HIV envelope trimers and subsequent repeated viral challenge. An increased diversity of epitopes recognized and the approach angle by which these antibodies bind constitute a hallmark of the humoral response in most protected animals. We also show that fusion peptide-specific antibodies are likely responsible for some neutralization breadth. Moreover, cryoelectron microscopy (cryo-EM) analysis of a fully protected animal reveals a high degree of clonality within a subset of putatively neutralizing antibodies, enabling a detailed molecular description of the antibody paratope. Our results provide important insights into the immune response against a vaccine candidate that entered into clinical trials in 2019.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_20981.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 11.4 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.05 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Polyclonal serum fab with BG505 SOSIP.664
|Entire||Name: Polyclonal serum fab with BG505 SOSIP.664 / Number of components: 3|
-Component #1: protein, Polyclonal serum fab with BG505 SOSIP.664
|Protein||Name: Polyclonal serum fab with BG505 SOSIP.664 / Recombinant expression: No|
-Component #2: protein, BG505 SOSIPv5.2 trimer
|Protein||Name: BG505 SOSIPv5.2 trimer / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Human immunodeficiency virus 1|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: unidentified (others)|
-Component #3: protein, Polyclonal Fab
|Protein||Name: Polyclonal Fab / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Macaca mulatta (Rhesus monkey)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: negative staining|
|Sample solution||pH: 4.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Spirit / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI SPIRIT|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 4000|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 24.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi