|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1587|
|Title||ab initio 3D reconstruction of GroEL using 3DESS (3D alignment by differential Evolution with Spectral Self-adaptation), which is a new high-resolution single-particle orientation refinement method based on spectrally self-adapting common lines|
|Keywords||GroEL / common lines / spectral self-adaptation|
|Sample||GroEL data provided by National Resource for Automated Molecular Microscopy|
|Source||Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /|
|Map data||ab initio 3D reconstruction of GroEL using 3DESS|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 7 Å resolution|
|Authors||Elmlund D / Elmlund H|
|Citation||J. Struct. Biol., 2009, 167, 83-94|
|Date||Deposition: Dec 15, 2008 / Header (metadata) release: Dec 15, 2008 / Map release: Apr 1, 2009 / Last update: Oct 24, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1587.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 10720 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.63 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire GroEL data provided by National Resource for Automated Molecular ...
|Entire||Name: GroEL data provided by National Resource for Automated Molecular Microscopy|
Details: All sample details described in Stagg, S. M. et al. A test-bed for optimizing high-resolution single particle reconstructions, JSB 2008, 163(1), 29-39
Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: 14-meric and d7 symmetric GroEL
-Component #1: cellular-component, GroEL
|Cellular-component||Name: GroEL / a.k.a: GroEL / Recombinant expression: Yes|
|Source||Species: Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
Details: All imaging details described in Stagg, S. M. et al. A test-bed for optimizing high-resolution single particle reconstructions, JSB 2008, 163(1), 29-39
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Image acquisition||Details: All image processing details described in Stagg, S. M. et al. A test-bed for optimizing high-resolution single particle|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction|
Details: All experimental details described in Stagg, S. M. et al. A test-bed for optimizing high-resolution single particle reconstructions, JSB 2008, 163(1), 29-39
Applied symmetry: D7 (2*7 fold dihedral)
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: cross-common lines / Software: Evol-Align / CTF correction: each micrograph, phase flipping only / Resolution: 7 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi