|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1553|
|Title||Pretranslocation ribosome. Group after ML3D classification. Racheted ribosome with tRNAs in hybrid positions.|
|Keywords||ribosome / pretranslocation / hybrid|
|Sample||70 mRNA tRNAfMet fMetLeu-tRNALeu|
|Source||Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /|
|Map data||Racheted ribosome with tRNAs in hybrid positions.|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 16 Å resolution|
|Authors||Julian P / Konevega AL / Scheres SHW / Lazaro M / Gil D / Wintermeyer W / Rodnina MV / Valle M|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2008, 105, 16924-16927|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2008, 105, 16924-16927 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Sep 8, 2008 / Header (metadata) release: Sep 15, 2008 / Map release: May 5, 2009 / Last update: Oct 24, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1553.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 16001 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.2 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire 70 mRNA tRNAfMet fMetLeu-tRNALeu
|Entire||Name: 70 mRNA tRNAfMet fMetLeu-tRNALeu / Number of components: 3|
-Component #1: ribosome-prokaryote, 70S E.coli ribosome in the pretranslocation state
|Ribosome-prokaryote||Name: 70S E.coli ribosome in the pretranslocation state / a.k.a: pretranslocation ribosome / Prokaryote: ALL / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.5 30mM KCl 70 mM NH4Cl 20 mM MgCl2 2 mM spermine|
|Support film||Quantifoil 300 mesh copper|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 90 K / Humidity: 100 % / Method: single blot for 1.5 seconds / Details: Vitrification instrument: Vitrobot|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2200FS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 10 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: single tilt cryoholder / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: 90 K|
|Camera||Detector: GENERIC GATAN|
|Image acquisition||Sampling size: 2.2 microns|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 12590 / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: reference matching / Software: SPIDER XMIPP / CTF correction: volume / Details: subset after ML3D classification / Resolution: 16 Å / Resolution method: FSC at 0.15 cut-off|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi