|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1482|
|Title||Structrue of truncated portal(portal602) complex with gp4 from bacteriophage P22|
|Sample||truncated portal complex with gp4 from bacteriophage P22|
|Source||Enterobacteria phage P22 / virus|
|Map data||map of portal602 complex with gp4|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 8.5 Å resolution|
|Authors||Zheng H / Olia AS / Gonen M / Andrews S / Cingolani G / Gonen T|
|Citation||Mol. Cell, 2008, 29, 376-383|
|Date||Deposition: Feb 26, 2008 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 26, 2008 / Map release: Mar 31, 2009 / Last update: Dec 25, 2013|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1482.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 6751 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.48 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire truncated portal complex with gp4 from bacteriophage P22
|Entire||Name: truncated portal complex with gp4 from bacteriophage P22|
Number of components: 2 / Oligomeric State: 12mer of portal with 12mer of gp4
-Component #1: protein, gp1, gp4
|Protein||Name: gp1, gp4 / a.k.a: gp1, gp4 / Recombinant expression: Yes|
|Source||Species: Enterobacteria phage P22 / virus|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Imaging mode: OTHER|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: OTHER|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C12 (12 fold cyclic)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 8.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi