|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-12537|
|Title||Structure of human CTLH SR4 complex|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 6.6 Å|
|Authors||Sherpa D / Chrustowicz J / Schulman BA|
|Funding support|| Germany, 2 items |
Journal: Mol Cell / Year: 2021
Title: GID E3 ligase supramolecular chelate assembly configures multipronged ubiquitin targeting of an oligomeric metabolic enzyme.
Authors: Dawafuti Sherpa / Jakub Chrustowicz / Shuai Qiao / Christine R Langlois / Laura A Hehl / Karthik Varma Gottemukkala / Fynn M Hansen / Ozge Karayel / Susanne von Gronau / J Rajan Prabu / ...Authors: Dawafuti Sherpa / Jakub Chrustowicz / Shuai Qiao / Christine R Langlois / Laura A Hehl / Karthik Varma Gottemukkala / Fynn M Hansen / Ozge Karayel / Susanne von Gronau / J Rajan Prabu / Matthias Mann / Arno F Alpi / Brenda A Schulman /
Abstract: How are E3 ubiquitin ligases configured to match substrate quaternary structures? Here, by studying the yeast GID complex (mutation of which causes deficiency in glucose-induced degradation of ...How are E3 ubiquitin ligases configured to match substrate quaternary structures? Here, by studying the yeast GID complex (mutation of which causes deficiency in glucose-induced degradation of gluconeogenic enzymes), we discover supramolecular chelate assembly as an E3 ligase strategy for targeting an oligomeric substrate. Cryoelectron microscopy (cryo-EM) structures show that, to bind the tetrameric substrate fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (Fbp1), two minimally functional GID E3s assemble into the 20-protein Chelator-GID, which resembles an organometallic supramolecular chelate. The Chelator-GID assembly avidly binds multiple Fbp1 degrons so that multiple Fbp1 protomers are simultaneously ubiquitylated at lysines near the allosteric and substrate binding sites. Importantly, key structural and biochemical features, including capacity for supramolecular assembly, are preserved in the human ortholog, the CTLH E3. Based on our integrative structural, biochemical, and cell biological data, we propose that higher-order E3 ligase assembly generally enables multipronged targeting, capable of simultaneously incapacitating multiple protomers and functionalities of oligomeric substrates.
#1: Journal: Biorxiv / Year: 2021
Title: GID E3 ligase supramolecular chelate assembly configures multipronged ubiquitin targeting of an oligomeric metabolic enzyme
Authors: Sherpa D / Chrustowicz J / Qiao S / Langlois CR / Hehl LA / Gottemukkala KV / Hansen FM / Karayel O / Prabu JR / Mann M / Alpi AF / Schulman BA
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_12537.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 2 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.315 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
|Projections & Slices|
-Half map: #2
|Projections & Slices|
-Half map: #1
-Entire CTLH complex
|Entire||Name: CTLH complex / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, CTLH complex
|Protein||Name: CTLH complex / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 300 kDa|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Trichoplusia ni (cabbage looper)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 60 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi