|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5136|
|Title||CryoEM Structure of Tubular Assembly of HIV-1 CA and Evidence for a Novel Interface|
|Sample||HIV-1 CA A92E|
|Source||Human immunodeficiency virus / virus|
|Map data||This is a map of tubular assembly of HIV-1 CA|
|Method||helical reconstruction, at 16 Å resolution|
|Authors||Byeon IL / Meng X / Jung J / Zhao G / Ahn J / Concel J / Aiken C / Gronenborn AM / Zhang P|
|Citation||Cell, 2009, 139, 780-790|
Cell, 2009, 139, 780-790 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Oct 20, 2009 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 9, 2009 / Map release: May 5, 2010 / Last update: Sep 27, 2011|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5136.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 27001 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.15 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire HIV-1 CA A92E
|Entire||Name: HIV-1 CA A92E / Details: component name, HIV-1 CA protein / Number of components: 6|
-Component #1: protein, HIV-1 CA protein
|Protein||Name: HIV-1 CA protein / a.k.a: hexamer / Recombinant expression: Yes|
|Source||Species: Human immunodeficiency virus / virus|
|Helical parameters||Hand: RIGHT HANDED|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: NITROGEN|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Polara / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI POLARA 300|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: liquid nitrogen-cooled cryo specimen holder / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Processing||Method: helical reconstruction|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 16 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Software: Chimera / Refinement space: REAL|
Input PDB model: 3DIK
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi