|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5131|
|Title||10.5 angstrom of Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus(RHDV)cryomicroscopy structure|
|Keywords||RHDV / vp60 / vp10|
|Sample||Wild Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Viruses|
|Source||rabbit hemorrhagic disease viruses / virus|
|Map data||This is the cryo-electron microscopy reconstruction of the wild rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 10.5 Å resolution|
|Authors||Hu Z / Tian X / Zhai Y / Xu W / Zheng D / Sun F|
|Citation||Protein Cell, 2010, 1, 48-58|
|Date||Deposition: Oct 8, 2009 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 15, 2009 / Map release: Aug 12, 2010 / Last update: Jan 10, 2011|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5131.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 31251 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.54 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Wild Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Viruses
|Entire||Name: Wild Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Viruses / Number of components: 3 / Oligomeric State: Icosahedral|
|Mass||Theoretical: 13 MDa|
-Component #1: virus, rabbit hemorrhagic disease viruses
|Virus||Name: rabbit hemorrhagic disease viruses / a.k.a: rabbit hemorrhagic disease viruses / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: No / Isolate: SPECIES|
|Species||Species: rabbit hemorrhagic disease viruses / virus|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Oryctolagus cuniculus / mammal / アナウサギ / |
Host category: VERTEBRATES
|Support film||300 mesh holygrid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
Method: Manually blotting the grids with filter paper and then plunging into liquid ethane cooled by liquid nitrogen
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI 20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal) / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 2000 - 4000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: SIDE ENTRY, EUCENTRIC / Temperature: 105 K|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 230 / Scanner: NIKON SUPER COOLSCAN 9000 / Sampling size: 12.7 microns / Bit depth: 16|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Number of projections: 15890 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Software: Eman, Spider / CTF correction: Each particle / Resolution: 10.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Software: chimera / Refinement protocol: rigid body / Refinement space: REAL / Details: Protocol: Rigid Body|
Input PDB model: 2GH8
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi