|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 4ard|
|Title||Structure of the immature retroviral capsid at 8A resolution by cryo- electron microscopy|
|Descriptor||CAPSID PROTEIN P27|
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN / RETROVIRUS / GAG|
|Specimen source||MASON-PFIZER MONKEY VIRUS / virus|
|Method||Electron microscopy (7 Å resolution / Helical array / Helical)|
|Authors||Bharat, T.A.M. / Davey, N.E. / Ulbrich, P. / Riches, J.D. / Marco, A.D. / Rumlova, M. / Sachse, C. / Ruml, T. / Briggs, J.A.G.|
|Citation||Nature, 2012, 487, 385-389|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Apr 23, 2012 / Release: May 30, 2012|
Downloads & links
A: CAPSID PROTEIN P27
B: CAPSID PROTEIN P27
Mass: 12885.230 Da / Num. of mol.: 2 / Fragment: M-PMV CA-NTD, RESIDUES 318-433 / Source: (gene. exp.) MASON-PFIZER MONKEY VIRUS / virus / References: UniProt: P07567
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: HELICAL ARRAY / Reconstruction method: HELICAL|
|Component||Name: M-PMV CANC GAG TUBES / Type: COMPLEX|
|Buffer solution||Name: 100MM NACL, 50MM TRIS-HCL, 1UM ZN / Details: 100MM NACL, 50MM TRIS-HCL, 1UM ZN / pH: 7.7|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Details: HOLEY CARBON|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE / Details: LIQUID ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Date: Jul 5, 2011|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 47000 / Nominal defocus max: 4000 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1000 nm / Cs: 2.7 mm|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 0.2 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image scans||Number digital images: 46|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
|CTF correction||Details: DIVISION BY 3D CTF SQ|
|3D reconstruction||Method: HELICAL RECONSTRUCTION WITH 3D ASYMMETRIC UNIT AVERAGING|
Resolution: 7 Å / Nominal pixel size: 1.53 / Actual pixel size: 1.53
Details: HELICAL RECONSTRUCTION WITH 3D ASYMMETRIC UNIT AVERAGING SUBMISSION BASED ON EXPERIMENTAL DATA FROM EMDB EMD-2090. (DEPOSITION ID: 10768).
Symmetry type: HELICAL
|Atomic model building||Details: METHOD--RIGID BODY REFINEMENT PROTOCOL--NMR / Ref protocol: RIGID BODY FIT / Ref space: REAL|
|Atomic model building||PDB-ID: 2KGF|
|Least-squares process||Highest resolution: 7 Å|
|Refine hist #LAST||Highest resolution: 7 Å|
|Number of atoms included #LAST||Protein: 232 / Nucleic acid: 0 / Ligand: 0 / Solvent: 0 / Total: 232|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi