|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 3h3w|
|Title||Fitting of the gp6 crystal structure into 3D cryo-EM reconstruction of bacteriophage T4 dome-shaped baseplate|
|Descriptor||Baseplate structural protein Gp6|
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN / viral structural protein / Virion|
|Specimen source||Enterobacteria phage T4 / virus / Bacteriophage T4|
|Method||Electron microscopy (12 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Aksyuk, A.A. / Leiman, P.G. / Shneider, M.M. / Mesyanzhinov, V.V. / Rossmann, M.G.|
|Citation||Structure, 2009, 17, 800-808|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Apr 17, 2009 / Release: May 19, 2009|
Downloads & links
A: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
B: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
C: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
D: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
E: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
F: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
G: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
H: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
I: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
J: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
K: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
L: Baseplate structural protein Gp6
Mass: 38304.449 Da / Num. of mol.: 12 / Fragment: gene product 6 deletion fragment / Mutation: residues 334-660 / Source: (gene. exp.) Enterobacteria phage T4 / virus / References: UniProt: P19060
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7|
|Specimen||Conc.: 5 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI/PHILIPS CM300FEG/T / Date: Jan 30, 2001|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 45000 / Calibrated magnification: 47000 / Nominal defocus max: 5000 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1200 nm|
|Specimen holder||Specimen holder model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Specimen holder type: 626 Single Tilt Cryotransfer System|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
|Reflection||D resolution high: 12 Å|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C6|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 12 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 945 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref space: REAL|
|Atomic model building||PDB-ID: 3H2T|
|Least-squares process||Highest resolution: 12 Å|
|Refine hist #LAST||Highest resolution: 12 Å|
|Number of atoms included #LAST||Protein: 31380 / Nucleic acid: 0 / Ligand: 0 / Solvent: 0 / Total: 31380|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi