|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1356|
|Title||Structural basis for the PufX-mediated dimerization of bacterial photosynthetic core complexes.|
|Sample||Core complex of Rhodobacter veldkampii|
|Source||Rhodobacter veldkampii / archaea / ロドバクター・ヴェルドカンピイ|
|Map data||3D map file of Rhobacter veldkampii LH1-RC obtained by cryoEM and low-pass filtered at a resolution of 11 angstroems|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 12 Å resolution|
|Authors||Busselez J / Cottevieille M / Cuniasse P / Boisset N / Levy D|
|Citation||Structure, 2007, 15, 1674-1683|
|Date||Deposition: Apr 27, 2007 / Header (metadata) release: May 3, 2007 / Map release: Jan 7, 2008 / Last update: May 26, 2011|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1356.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 6099 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.95 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Core complex of Rhodobacter veldkampii
|Entire||Name: Core complex of Rhodobacter veldkampii / Oligomeric State: monomers / Number of components: 1|
|Mass||Theoretical: 300 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, core complex of Rba. veldkampii
|Protein||Name: core complex of Rba. veldkampii / a.k.a: LH1-RC of Rba. veldkampii / Oligomeric Details: Monomer / Recombinant expression: No / Number of Copies: 1|
|Mass||Experimental: 300 kDa|
|Source||Species: Rhodobacter veldkampii / archaea / ロドバクター・ヴェルドカンピイ|
Strain: DSM 11550
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 1.5 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: Glycine-glycine 50 mM, NaCl 200 mM, DOTM 0.1 %
|Staining||CRYOEM : 4 microL were applied on a Lacey Formwar grid.|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 93 K / Method: Manual single-sided blotting / Details: Vitrification instrument: manual plunger|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2010F / Date: Jun 1, 2005 / Details: low-dose illumination|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 10 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 45000 X (nominal), 45000 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1870 - 3460 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Gatan / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: K ( 93 - 94 K)|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 74 / Scanner: OTHER / Bit depth: 8 / Details: Scanner model : Nikon Coolscan 8000ED|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi