|Title||Structure of the class C orphan GPCR GPR158 in complex with RGS7-Gβ5.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Nat Commun, Vol. 12, Issue 1, Page 6805, Year 2021|
|Publish date||Nov 23, 2021|
|Authors||Eunyoung Jeong / Yoojoong Kim / Jihong Jeong / Yunje Cho /|
|PubMed Abstract||GPR158, a class C orphan GPCR, functions in cognition, stress-induced mood control, and synaptic development. Among class C GPCRs, GPR158 is unique as it lacks a Venus flytrap-fold ligand-binding ...GPR158, a class C orphan GPCR, functions in cognition, stress-induced mood control, and synaptic development. Among class C GPCRs, GPR158 is unique as it lacks a Venus flytrap-fold ligand-binding domain and terminates Gαi/o protein signaling through the RGS7-Gβ5 heterodimer. Here, we report the cryo-EM structures of GPR158 alone and in complex with one or two RGS7-Gβ5 heterodimers. GPR158 dimerizes through Per-Arnt-Sim-fold extracellular and transmembrane (TM) domains connected by an epidermal growth factor-like linker. The TM domain (TMD) reflects both inactive and active states of other class C GPCRs: a compact intracellular TMD, conformations of the two intracellular loops (ICLs) and the TMD interface formed by TM4/5. The ICL2, ICL3, TM3, and first helix of the cytoplasmic coiled-coil provide a platform for the DHEX domain of one RGS7 and the second helix recruits another RGS7. The unique features of the RGS7-binding site underlie the selectivity of GPR158 for RGS7.|
|External links||Nat Commun / PubMed:34815401 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.52 - 4.7 Å|
|Keywords||SIGNALING PROTEIN / Class C orphan GPCR / depression / neuronal signaling / PAS-folded GPCR / noncanonical signaling GPCR / GPCR|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi