|Title||Cryo-EM Structures of MDA5-dsRNA Filaments at Different Stages of ATP Hydrolysis.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Mol. Cell, Vol. 72, Issue 6, Page 999-1012.e6, Year 2018|
|Publish date||Dec 20, 2018|
|Authors||Qin Yu / Kun Qu / Yorgo Modis /|
|PubMed Abstract||Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) is a potent proinflammatory signature of viral infection. Long cytosolic dsRNA is recognized by MDA5. The cooperative assembly of MDA5 into helical filaments on dsRNA ...Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) is a potent proinflammatory signature of viral infection. Long cytosolic dsRNA is recognized by MDA5. The cooperative assembly of MDA5 into helical filaments on dsRNA nucleates the assembly of a multiprotein type I interferon signaling platform. Here, we determined cryoelectron microscopy (cryo-EM) structures of MDA5-dsRNA filaments with different helical twists and bound nucleotide analogs at resolutions sufficient to build and refine atomic models. The structures identify the filament-forming interfaces, which encode the dsRNA binding cooperativity and length specificity of MDA5. The predominantly hydrophobic interface contacts confer flexibility, reflected in the variable helical twist within filaments. Mutation of filament-forming residues can result in loss or gain of signaling activity. Each MDA5 molecule spans 14 or 15 RNA base pairs, depending on the twist. Variations in twist also correlate with variations in the occupancy and type of nucleotide in the active site, providing insights on how ATP hydrolysis contributes to MDA5-dsRNA recognition.|
|External links||PubMed:30449722 / Publisher's page|
|Keywords||Adenosine Triphosphate / Cryoelectron Microscopy / HEK293 Cells / Humans / Hydrolysis / Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Interactions / IFIH1 protein, human / Ifih1 protein, mouse / Interferon-Induced Helicase, IFIH1 / Interferon-beta / Molecular Docking Simulation / Mutation / Nucleic Acid Conformation / Protein Conformation / RNA, Double-Stranded / Signal Transduction / Structure-Activity Relationship / IMMUNE SYSTEM / Protein-RNA complex / helical filament / ATPase / innate immune receptor|
|Methods||EM (helical sym.)|
|Resolution||3.68 - 4.16 A|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi