|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 6h60|
|Title||pseudo-atomic structural model of the E3BP component of the human pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex|
|Components||Pyruvate dehydrogenase protein X component, mitochondrial|
|Keywords||OXIDOREDUCTASE / Pyruvate dehydrogenase / human|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
mitochondrial acetyl-CoA biosynthetic process from pyruvate / pyruvate dehydrogenase complex / pyruvate metabolic process / transferase activity, transferring acyl groups / mitochondrial matrix
2-oxoacid dehydrogenase acyltransferase, catalytic domain / Biotin/lipoyl attachment / 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase, lipoyl-binding site / Peripheral subunit-binding domain / Single hybrid motif / Chloramphenicol acetyltransferase-like domain superfamily / E3-binding domain superfamily / 2-oxoacid dehydrogenases acyltransferase (catalytic domain) / Biotin-requiring enzyme / e3 binding domain
Pyruvate dehydrogenase protein X component, mitochondrial
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||ELECTRON MICROSCOPY / single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 6 Å|
|Authors||Haselbach, D. / Prajapati, S. / Tittmann, K. / Stark, H.|
|Funding support|| Germany, 1items |
|Citation||Journal: Structure / Year: 2019|
Title: Structural and Functional Analyses of the Human PDH Complex Suggest a "Division-of-Labor" Mechanism by Local E1 and E3 Clusters.
Authors: Sabin Prajapati / David Haselbach / Sabine Wittig / Mulchand S Patel / Ashwin Chari / Carla Schmidt / Holger Stark / Kai Tittmann /
Abstract: The pseudo-atomic structural model of human pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDHc) core composed of full-length E2 and E3BP components, calculated from our cryoelectron microscopy-derived density maps ...The pseudo-atomic structural model of human pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDHc) core composed of full-length E2 and E3BP components, calculated from our cryoelectron microscopy-derived density maps at 6-Å resolution, is similar to those of prokaryotic E2 structures. The spatial organization of human PDHc components as evidenced by negative-staining electron microscopy and native mass spectrometry is not homogeneous, and entails the unanticipated formation of local clusters of E1:E2 and E3BP:E3 complexes. Such uneven, clustered organization translates into specific duties for E1-E2 clusters (oxidative decarboxylation and acetyl transfer) and E3BP-E3 clusters (regeneration of reduced lipoamide) corresponding to half-reactions of the PDHc catalytic cycle. The addition of substrate coenzyme A modulates the conformational landscape of PDHc, in particular of the lipoyl domains, extending the postulated multiple random coupling mechanism. The conformational and associated chemical landscapes of PDHc are thus not determined entirely stochastically, but are restrained and channeled through an asymmetric architecture and further modulated by substrate binding.
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: Pyruvate dehydrogenase protein X component, mitochondrial
|#1: Protein|| |
Mass: 54191.145 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens (human) / Gene: PDHX, PDX1 / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / References: UniProt: O00330
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / 3D reconstruction method: single particle reconstruction|
|Component||Name: 1 / Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: 1 / Source: RECOMBINANT|
|Molecular weight||Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
|Buffer solution||pH: 8|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELDBright-field microscopy|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 41 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 6 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Num. of particles: 29788 / Symmetry type: POINT|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi