|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 4ihn|
|Title||High Resolution Insulin by Langmuir-Blodgett Modified Hanging Drop Vapour Diffusion|
|Keywords||HORMONE / Optimal Crystallization / Langmuir-Blodgett / Thin-Films|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
glucose import in response to insulin stimulus / response to butyrate / positive regulation of blood circulation / negative regulation of lactation / estradiol secretion / positive regulation of lactation / positive regulation of cell maturation / positive regulation of mammary gland epithelial cell proliferation / negative regulation of appetite / response to L-arginine ...glucose import in response to insulin stimulus / response to butyrate / positive regulation of blood circulation / negative regulation of lactation / estradiol secretion / positive regulation of lactation / positive regulation of cell maturation / positive regulation of mammary gland epithelial cell proliferation / negative regulation of appetite / response to L-arginine / feeding behavior / response to food / positive regulation of Rho protein signal transduction / response to growth hormone / positive regulation of peptide hormone secretion / protein secretion / positive regulation of insulin secretion / negative regulation of lipid catabolic process / positive regulation of protein secretion / response to glucose / response to nutrient levels / hormone activity / insulin receptor binding / glucose metabolic process / response to heat / positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling / positive regulation of gene expression / negative regulation of apoptotic process / extracellular space / identical protein binding
Similarity search - Function
Insulin / Insulin family / Insulin / insulin-like growth factor / relaxin family. / Insulin-like / Insulin/IGF/Relaxin family / Insulin, conserved site / Insulin-like superfamily / Insulin family signature.
Similarity search - Domain/homology
|Biological species||Bos taurus (cattle)|
|Method||X-RAY DIFFRACTION / SYNCHROTRON / MOLECULAR REPLACEMENT / Resolution: 1.16 Å|
|Authors||Belmonte, L. / Pechkova, E. / Bragazzi, N. / Nicolini, C.|
|Citation||Journal: To be Published|
Title: A Review Of The Strategies For Obtaining High Quality Crystals Utilizing Nanotechnologies And Space
Authors: Pechkova, E. / Bragazzi, N. / Bozdaganyan, M. / Belmonte, L.M. / Nicolini, C.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: Insulin A chain
B: Insulin B chain
|Components on special symmetry positions|
|#1: Protein/peptide|| |
Mass: 2339.645 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source method: isolated from a natural source / Source: (natural) Bos taurus (cattle) / Tissue: Pancreas / References: UniProt: P01317
|#2: Protein/peptide|| |
Mass: 3403.927 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source method: isolated from a natural source / Source: (natural) Bos taurus (cattle) / Tissue: Pancreas / References: UniProt: P01317
|#3: Water|| ChemComp-HOH / |
|Experiment||Method: X-RAY DIFFRACTION / Number of used crystals: 1|
|Crystal||Density Matthews: 3.49 Å3/Da / Density % sol: 64.73 % / Mosaicity: 0.14 °|
|Diffraction source||Source: SYNCHROTRON / Site: ESRF / Beamline: ID14-4 / Wavelength: 0.9395 Å|
|Detector||Type: ADSC QUANTUM 315r / Detector: CCD|
|Radiation||Protocol: SINGLE WAVELENGTH / Monochromatic (M) / Laue (L): M / Scattering type: x-ray|
|Radiation wavelength||Wavelength: 0.9395 Å / Relative weight: 1|
|Reflection||Resolution: 1.158→55.395 Å / Num. all: 26153 / Num. obs: 26153 / % possible obs: 93.9 % / Redundancy: 2.8 % / Rsym value: 0.1 / Net I/σ(I): 8.9|
|Refinement||Method to determine structure: MOLECULAR REPLACEMENT / Resolution: 1.16→55.39 Å / Cor.coef. Fo:Fc: 0.921 / Cor.coef. Fo:Fc free: 0.902 / WRfactor Rfree: 0.3069 / WRfactor Rwork: 0.2816 / Occupancy max: 1 / Occupancy min: 0.33 / FOM work R set: 0.8305 / SU B: 0.559 / SU ML: 0.027 / SU R Cruickshank DPI: 0.041 / SU Rfree: 0.0439 / Cross valid method: THROUGHOUT / σ(F): 0 / ESU R: 0.041 / ESU R Free: 0.044 / Stereochemistry target values: MAXIMUM LIKELIHOOD|
Details: HYDROGENS HAVE BEEN ADDED IN THE RIDING POSITIONS U VALUES: REFINED INDIVIDUALLY
|Solvent computation||Ion probe radii: 0.8 Å / Shrinkage radii: 0.8 Å / VDW probe radii: 1.4 Å / Solvent model: MASK|
|Displacement parameters||Biso max: 53.03 Å2 / Biso mean: 17.7987 Å2 / Biso min: 6.01 Å2|
|Refinement step||Cycle: LAST / Resolution: 1.16→55.39 Å|
|Refine LS restraints|
|LS refinement shell||Resolution: 1.158→1.188 Å / Total num. of bins used: 20 |
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi