|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 2f3i|
|Title||Solution Structure of a Subunit of RNA Polymerase II|
|Components||DNA-directed RNA polymerases I, II, and III 17.1 kDa polypeptideRNA polymerase|
|Keywords||TRANSFERASE / RNA Polymerase II|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter / transcription elongation from RNA polymerase I promoter / positive regulation of viral transcription / termination of RNA polymerase I transcription / snRNA transcription by RNA polymerase II / positive regulation of gene expression, epigenetic / RNA metabolic process / somatic stem cell population maintenance / RNA polymerase I complex / RNA polymerase III complex ...transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter / transcription elongation from RNA polymerase I promoter / positive regulation of viral transcription / termination of RNA polymerase I transcription / snRNA transcription by RNA polymerase II / positive regulation of gene expression, epigenetic / RNA metabolic process / somatic stem cell population maintenance / RNA polymerase I complex / RNA polymerase III complex / RNA polymerase II, core complex / transcription by RNA polymerase III / 7-methylguanosine mRNA capping / positive regulation of type I interferon production / transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter / DNA-directed 5'-3' RNA polymerase activity / regulation of gene silencing by miRNA / fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling pathway / mRNA splicing, via spliceosome / transcription-coupled nucleotide-excision repair / single-stranded DNA binding / protein-DNA complex / transcription by RNA polymerase II / transcription initiation from RNA polymerase II promoter / transcription, DNA-templated / nucleoplasm / nucleus / cytosol
RNA polymerase Rpb8 / Nucleic acid-binding, OB-fold / RNA polymerase, Rpb8 / Nucleic acid-binding proteins / OB fold (Dihydrolipoamide Acetyltransferase, E2P) / Beta Barrel / Mainly Beta
DNA-directed RNA polymerases I, II, and III subunit RPABC3
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||SOLUTION NMR / simulated annealing, molecular dynamics|
|Model type details||minimized average|
|Authors||Kang, X. / Jin, C.|
|Citation||Journal: J.Biol.Chem. / Year: 2006|
Title: Structural, biochemical, and dynamic characterizations of the hRPB8 subunit of human RNA polymerases
Authors: Kang, X. / Hu, Y. / Li, Y. / Guo, X. / Jiang, X. / Lai, L. / Xia, B. / Jin, C.
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: DNA-directed RNA polymerases I, II, and III 17.1 kDa polypeptide
|#1: Protein/peptide|| |
Mass: 17162.273 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens (human) / Plasmid: pET24a / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / References: UniProt: P52434, DNA-directed RNA polymerase
|Experiment||Method: SOLUTION NMR|
Conditions-ID: 1 / Solution-ID: 1
|NMR details||Text: This structure was determined using standard 3D heteronuclear techniques.|
|Details||Contents: 0.5mM RNA Polymerase II Subunit U-15N,13C|
Solvent system: 20mM potassium phosphate buffer, 10mM DTT; 90% H2O, 10% D2O
|Sample conditions||Ionic strength: 50mM / pH: 6.3 / Pressure: ambient / Temperature: 303 K|
Manufacturer: Bruker / Model: Avance / Type: Bruker Avance
|Refinement||Method: simulated annealing, molecular dynamics / Software ordinal: 1|
|NMR representative||Selection criteria: minimized average structure|
|NMR ensemble||Conformer selection criteria: structures with the lowest energy|
Conformers calculated total number: 100 / Conformers submitted total number: 21
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi