|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 1mlg|
|Title||STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL EFFECTS OF APOLAR MUTATIONS OF VAL68(E11) IN MYOGLOBIN|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
oxygen carrier activity / oxygen binding / heme binding / metal ion binding
Similarity search - Function
Myoglobin / Globin family profile. / Globins / Globin / Globin / Globin-like / Globin-like superfamily / Orthogonal Bundle / Mainly Alpha
Similarity search - Domain/homology
PROTOPORPHYRIN IX CONTAINING FE / Myoglobin
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Physeter catodon (sperm whale)|
|Method||X-RAY DIFFRACTION / Resolution: 2 Å|
|Authors||Quillin, M.L. / Phillips Jr., G.N.|
Journal: J.Mol.Biol. / Year: 1995
Title: Structural and functional effects of apolar mutations of the distal valine in myoglobin.
Authors: Quillin, M.L. / Li, T. / Olson, J.S. / Phillips Jr., G.N. / Duo, Y. / Ikeda-Saito, M. / Regan, R. / Carlson, M. / Gibson, Q.H. / Li, H. / Elber, R.
#1: Journal: J.Mol.Biol. / Year: 1993
Title: High-Resolution Crystal Structures of Distal Histidine Mutants of Sperm Whale Myoglobin
Authors: Quillin, M.L. / Arduini, R.M. / Olson, J.S. / Phillips Jr., G.N.
#2: Journal: J.Biol.Chem. / Year: 1992
Title: A Novel Site-Directed Mutant of Myoglobin with an Unusually High O2 Affinity and Low Autooxidation Rate
Authors: Carver, T.E. / Brantley Junior, R.E. / Singleton, E.W. / Arduini, R.M. / Quillin, M.L. / Phillips Jr., G.N. / Olson, J.S.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
|#1: Protein|| |
Mass: 17337.109 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Physeter catodon (sperm whale) / References: UniProt: P02185
|#2: Chemical|| ChemComp-SO4 / |
|#3: Chemical|| ChemComp-HEM / |
|#4: Water|| ChemComp-HOH / |
|Experiment||Method: X-RAY DIFFRACTION|
|Crystal||Density Matthews: 3.18 Å3/Da / Density % sol: 61.27 %|
*PLUSpH: 9 / Method: batch method / Details: micro seeding
|Components of the solutions|
|Radiation||Scattering type: x-ray|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
*PLUSHighest resolution: 2 Å / % possible obs: 76.6 % / Rmerge(I) obs: 0.068
|Refinement||Rfactor Rwork: 0.1371 / Rfactor obs: 0.1371 / Highest resolution: 2 Å|
|Refinement step||Cycle: LAST / Highest resolution: 2 Å|
|Refine LS restraints|
*PLUSName: X-PLOR / Classification: refinement
*PLUSRfactor obs: 0.1371
|Refine LS restraints|
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi