|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 8839|
|Title||The Hsp90 Co-chaperon R2TP Forms a Hexameric Platform|
|Sample||Complex of Rvb1 and Rvb2 together with Tah1 and Pih1|
|Source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae s288c / yeast / image: Saccharomyces cerevisiae|
|Map data||Rvb1 and Rvb2 complexed with Tah1 and Pih1. Map with bfactor compensation applied.|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 14 Å resolution|
|Authors||Tian S / Yu G / He H / Liu P / Marshall A / Demeler B / Stagg S / Li H|
|Citation||Structure, 2017, 25, 1519-1529.e4|
|Date||Deposition: Jul 19, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 4, 2017 / Map release: Oct 4, 2017 / Last update: Oct 18, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_8839.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 11944 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.43 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Complex of Rvb1 and Rvb2 together with Tah1 and Pih1
|Entire||Name: Complex of Rvb1 and Rvb2 together with Tah1 and Pih1 / Number of components: 1|
|Mass||Theoretical: 358 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, Complex of Rvb1 and Rvb2 together with Tah1 and Pih1
|Sample solution||pH: 8|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 281.15 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 58.68 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 29000 X (nominal) / Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: -1000 - -3000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER / Temperature: K ( 83 - 93 K)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 1396|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi