|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 7067|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of dimeric F1FO yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase with C2 symmetry|
|Sample||Yeast mitochondrial F1Fo ATP synthase dimer|
|Source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ /|
|Map data||Sharpened map of the dimeric FO region of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 7.4 Å resolution|
|Authors||Guo H / Bueler SA / Rubinstein JL|
|Citation||Science, 2017, 358, 936-940|
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 6b8h|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Oct 7, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 8, 2017 / Map release: Nov 8, 2017 / Last update: Nov 29, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_7067.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 131073 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.45 Å|
CCP4 map header:
|File||emd_7067_msk_1.map ( map file in CCP4 format, 131073 KB )|
|Projections & Slices|
|Data type||Image stored as Reals|
|Annotation details||Dimeric FO region of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase|
|Space group number||1|
-Entire Yeast mitochondrial F1Fo ATP synthase dimer
|Entire||Name: Yeast mitochondrial F1Fo ATP synthase dimer / Number of components: 1|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1.2 MDa|
-Component #1: protein, Yeast mitochondrial F1Fo ATP synthase dimer
|Protein||Name: Yeast mitochondrial F1Fo ATP synthase dimer / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1.2 MDa|
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ / |
|Source (natural)||Organelle: Mitochondria / Location in cell: Inner membrane of mitochondria|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE-PROPANE MIXTURE / Temperature: 277 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 36 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 25000 X (nominal), 34483 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 626|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C2 (2 fold cyclic) / Number of projections: 79942|
|3D reconstruction||Software: cryoSPARC / Resolution: 7.4 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi