|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-4995|
|Title||Subtomogram average of a part of the rabies lyssavirus ribonucleoprotein|
|Biological species||Rabies virus|
|Method||subtomogram averaging / cryo EM / Resolution: 15 Å|
|Authors||Riedel C / Vasishtan D / Prazak V / Ghanem A / Conzelmann K-K / Ruemenapf T|
|Citation||Journal: Sci Rep / Year: 2019|
Title: Cryo EM structure of the rabies virus ribonucleoprotein complex.
Authors: Christiane Riedel / Daven Vasishtan / Vojtěch Pražák / Alexander Ghanem / Karl-Klaus Conzelmann / Till Rümenapf /
Abstract: Rabies virus is an important zoonotic pathogen. Its bullet shaped particle contains a helical nucleocapsid. We used cryo-electron tomography and subsequent subtomogram averaging to determine the ...Rabies virus is an important zoonotic pathogen. Its bullet shaped particle contains a helical nucleocapsid. We used cryo-electron tomography and subsequent subtomogram averaging to determine the structure of its ribonucleoprotein. The resulting electron density map allowed for confident fitting of the N-protein crystal structure, indicating that interactions between neighbouring N-proteins are only mediated by N- and C-terminal protruding subdomains (aa 1-27 and aa 355-372). Additional connecting densities, likely stabilizing the ribonucleoprotein complex, are present between neighbouring M-protein densities on the same helical turn and between M- and N-protein densities located on neighbouring helical turns, but not between M-proteins of different turns, as is observed for the related Vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV). This insight into the architecture of the rabies virus nucleocapsid highlights the surprising structural divergence of large biological assemblies even if the building blocks - here exemplified by VSV M- and N-protein - are structurally closely related.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_4995.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 844.7 KB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.352 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Rabies virus
|Entire||Name: Rabies virus / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Rabies virus
|Virus||Name: Rabies virus / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: Yes / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Species||Species: Rabies virus|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human) / Cell of expression system: HEK293T|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: OTHER|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Polara / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI POLARA 300|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 2.5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: subtomogram averaging / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of subtomograms: 7079|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 15 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi