|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3395|
|Title||Cryo-electron microscopy structure of the hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex: locally masked refinement of the lower peripheral baseplate|
|Map data||Cryo-electron microscopy structure of the lower peripheral baseplate region of the hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex. Post-processed with RELION.The map is slightly offset with respect to the complete reconstruction of the hexagonal pre-attachment baseplate.|
|Sample||Hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex:|
|Keywords||T4 / baseplate-tail tube complex / pre-attachment / bacteriophage / bacterial virus / hexagonal / membrane-piercing / cell attachment / infection|
|Source||Enterobacteria phage T4 (bacteriophage)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 4.45 Å resolution|
|Authors||Taylor NMI / Guerrero-Ferreira RC / Goldie KN / Stahlberg H / Leiman PG|
|Citation||Journal: Nature / Year: 2016|
Title: Structure of the T4 baseplate and its function in triggering sheath contraction.
Authors: Nicholas M I Taylor / Nikolai S Prokhorov / Ricardo C Guerrero-Ferreira / Mikhail M Shneider / Christopher Browning / Kenneth N Goldie / Henning Stahlberg / Petr G Leiman
|Date||Deposition: Mar 17, 2016 / Header (metadata) release: Apr 13, 2016 / Map release: May 18, 2016 / Last update: May 18, 2016|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3395.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 432001 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.326 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex
|Entire||Name: Hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex|
Details: In addition to hexagonal pre-attachment baseplate-tail tube complexes, the sample also contained some star-shaped, hubless post-attachment baseplates. The current reconstruction is the localized reconstruction of the lower peripheral baseplate region of the hexagonal pre-attachment baseplate-tail tube complex.
Number of components: 1
Oligomeric State: (gp3)6(gp5)3(gp5.4)1(gp6)12(gp7)6(gp8)12(gp9)18(gp10)18(gp11)18(gp12)18(gp19)126(gp25)6(gp27)3(gp29)X(gp48)6(gp53)6(gp54)6
|Mass||Theoretical: 8.7 MDa|
-Component #1: protein, Hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex
|Protein||Name: Hexagonal pre-attachment T4 baseplate-tail tube complex|
Recombinant expression: No / Number of Copies: 1
|Mass||Theoretical: 8.7 MDa|
|Source||Species: Enterobacteria phage T4 (bacteriophage) / Strain: am18/am23 mutant|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 1 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: 50 mM Tris-HCl pH 8.0, 100 mM NaCl, 8 mM MgSO4
|Support film||Quantifoil 300 mesh carbon-coated copper grids glow-discharged for 20 seconds|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 %|
Method: Applied 3.5 ul of sample and blotting 3 seconds before plunging
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Date: May 7, 2015|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 60 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 105000 X (nominal), 37700 X (calibrated)|
Astigmatism: The astigmatism was corrected at high magnification
Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 500 - 4000 nm / Energy filter: Quantum-LS Gatan Image Filter / Energy window: 0-20 eV
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER / Temperature: 80 K|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 1621 / Bit depth: 32|
Details: Individual frames were aligned with 2dx_automator. 40 frames were recorded in total, and the 2 first frames were discarded.
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi