|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-22066|
|Title||negative stain EM map of SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with COVA1-12 Fab|
|Sample||SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with COVA1-12 Fab|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / Resolution: 32 Å|
|Authors||Ward AB / Bangaru S / Torres JL|
|Funding support|| United States, 1 items |
|Citation||Journal: Science / Year: 2020|
Title: Potent neutralizing antibodies from COVID-19 patients define multiple targets of vulnerability.
Authors: Philip J M Brouwer / Tom G Caniels / Karlijn van der Straten / Jonne L Snitselaar / Yoann Aldon / Sandhya Bangaru / Jonathan L Torres / Nisreen M A Okba / Mathieu Claireaux / Gius Kerster / ...Authors: Philip J M Brouwer / Tom G Caniels / Karlijn van der Straten / Jonne L Snitselaar / Yoann Aldon / Sandhya Bangaru / Jonathan L Torres / Nisreen M A Okba / Mathieu Claireaux / Gius Kerster / Arthur E H Bentlage / Marlies M van Haaren / Denise Guerra / Judith A Burger / Edith E Schermer / Kirsten D Verheul / Niels van der Velde / Alex van der Kooi / Jelle van Schooten / Mariëlle J van Breemen / Tom P L Bijl / Kwinten Sliepen / Aafke Aartse / Ronald Derking / Ilja Bontjer / Neeltje A Kootstra / W Joost Wiersinga / Gestur Vidarsson / Bart L Haagmans / Andrew B Ward / Godelieve J de Bree / Rogier W Sanders / Marit J van Gils /
Abstract: The rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2 has a significant impact on global health, travel and economy. Therefore, preventative and therapeutic measures are urgently needed. Here, we isolated monoclonal ...The rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2 has a significant impact on global health, travel and economy. Therefore, preventative and therapeutic measures are urgently needed. Here, we isolated monoclonal antibodies from three convalescent COVID-19 patients using a SARS-CoV-2 stabilized prefusion spike protein. These antibodies had low levels of somatic hypermutation and showed a strong enrichment in VH1-69, VH3-30-3 and VH1-24 gene usage. A subset of the antibodies were able to potently inhibit authentic SARS-CoV-2 infection as low as 0.007 μg/mL. Competition and electron microscopy studies illustrate that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein contains multiple distinct antigenic sites, including several receptor-binding domain (RBD) epitopes as well as non-RBD epitopes. In addition to providing guidance for vaccine design, the antibodies described here are promising candidates for COVID-19 treatment and prevention.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_22066.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 64 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.77 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with COVA1-12 Fab
|Entire||Name: SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with COVA1-12 Fab / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with COVA1-12 Fab
|Protein||Name: SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with COVA1-12 Fab / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.02 mg/mL / pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F416 (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 1578|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 32 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi