|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-20063|
|Title||Fractal-like assemblies of designed AtzA and AtzC proteins|
|Sample||Designed proteins AtzA-pY:AtzC-SH2Design|
|Biological species||Pseudomonas sp. (bacteria)|
|Method||electron tomography / cryo EM|
|Authors||Dai W / Chen M / Khare S|
|Funding support|| United States, 1 items |
|Citation||Journal: Nat Chem / Year: 2019|
Title: Stimulus-responsive self-assembly of protein-based fractals by computational design.
Authors: Nancy E Hernández / William A Hansen / Denzel Zhu / Maria E Shea / Marium Khalid / Viacheslav Manichev / Matthew Putnins / Muyuan Chen / Anthony G Dodge / Lu Yang / Ileana Marrero-Berríos ...Authors: Nancy E Hernández / William A Hansen / Denzel Zhu / Maria E Shea / Marium Khalid / Viacheslav Manichev / Matthew Putnins / Muyuan Chen / Anthony G Dodge / Lu Yang / Ileana Marrero-Berríos / Melissa Banal / Phillip Rechani / Torgny Gustafsson / Leonard C Feldman / Sang-Hyuk Lee / Lawrence P Wackett / Wei Dai / Sagar D Khare /
Abstract: Fractal topologies, which are statistically self-similar over multiple length scales, are pervasive in nature. The recurrence of patterns in fractal-shaped branched objects, such as trees, lungs and ...Fractal topologies, which are statistically self-similar over multiple length scales, are pervasive in nature. The recurrence of patterns in fractal-shaped branched objects, such as trees, lungs and sponges, results in a high surface area to volume ratio, which provides key functional advantages including molecular trapping and exchange. Mimicking these topologies in designed protein-based assemblies could provide access to functional biomaterials. Here we describe a computational design approach for the reversible self-assembly of proteins into tunable supramolecular fractal-like topologies in response to phosphorylation. Guided by atomic-resolution models, we develop fusions of Src homology 2 (SH2) domain or a phosphorylatable SH2-binding peptide, respectively, to two symmetric, homo-oligomeric proteins. Mixing the two designed components resulted in a variety of dendritic, hyperbranched and sponge-like topologies that are phosphorylation-dependent and self-similar over three decades (~10 nm-10 μm) of length scale, in agreement with models from multiscale computational simulations. Designed assemblies perform efficient phosphorylation-dependent capture and release of cargo proteins.
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_20063.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 17.9 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
generated in cubic-lattice coordinate
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 27.9 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Designed proteins AtzA-pY:AtzC-SH2
|Entire||Name: Designed proteins AtzA-pY:AtzC-SH2Design / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Designed proteins AtzA-pY:AtzC-SH2
|Protein||Name: Designed proteins AtzA-pY:AtzC-SH2Design / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Pseudomonas sp. (bacteria)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7|
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM GP / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 293 K / Humidity: 90 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Talos Arctica / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI ARCTICA|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 1 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 39000.0 X (nominal), 39000.0 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 4000.0 - 6000.0 nm / Energy filter: GIF Quantum LS|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER / Temperature: (93.0 - 110.0 K)|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: electron tomography / Number of sections: 60|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: BACK PROJECTION / Software: EMAN2|
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi