|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1961|
|Title||Symmetry-free cryo-EM map of TRiC-AMP-PNP|
|Keywords||TRiC/CCT / chaperonin / cryo-EM / protein folding|
|Sample||bovine TRiC/CCT in the AMP-PNP state|
|Source||Bos taurus / mammal / bovine / ウシ /|
|Map data||symmetry-free cryo-EM density of TRiC-AMP-PNP|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 10.7 Å resolution|
|Authors||Cong Y / Schroder GF / Meyer AS / Jakana J / Ma B / Dougherty MT / Schmid MF / Reissmann S / Levitt M / Ludtke SL / Frydman J / Chiu W|
|Citation||EMBO J., 2012, 31, 720-730|
EMBO J., 2012, 31, 720-730 Yorodumi Papers
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 4a0v|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Sep 5, 2011 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 6, 2012 / Map release: Feb 6, 2012 / Last update: Mar 20, 2013|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1961.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 11665 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.4 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire bovine TRiC/CCT in the AMP-PNP state
|Entire||Name: bovine TRiC/CCT in the AMP-PNP state / Number of components: 2 / Oligomeric State: 16-mer|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1000 kDa / Experimental: 1000 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, bovine TRiC
|Protein||Name: bovine TRiC / a.k.a: TRiC or CCT / Oligomeric Details: 16-mer / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1000 kDa / Experimental: 1000 kDa|
|Source||Species: Bos taurus / mammal / bovine / ウシ /|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 1 mg/ml|
|Support film||200-mesh Quantifoil holey grid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 101 K / Humidity: 100 % / Method: Two-side blotting for 1 second before plunging / Details: Vitrification instrument: FEI vitrobot|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 3200FSC|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 18 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal) / Astigmatism: Objective lens astigmatism correction / Cs: 4.1 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1200 - 3000 nm / Energy filter: JEOL in-column omega energy filter / Energy window: 0-20 eV|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Side entry / Model: JEOL 3200FSC CRYOHOLDER / Temperature: 101 K|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 700 / Scanner: NIKON SUPER COOLSCAN 9000 / Sampling size: 6.35 microns|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 29374 / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: projection matching / Software: EMAN1.8 / CTF correction: each micrograph|
Details: A recently developed 2-D fast rotational matching (FRM2D) algorithm for image alignment, available in EMAN 1.8, was adopted in the refinement steps
Resolution: 10.7 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi