|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1661|
|Title||The three-dimensional structure of a hepatitis C virus p7 ion channel by electron microscopy|
|Sample||HCV p7 hexamer, JFH-1 strain, genotype 2a|
|Source||Hepatitis C virus / virus|
|Map data||Top view of the EM density map of the HCV p7 channel|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 16 Å resolution|
|Authors||Luik P / Chew C / Aittoniemi J / Chang J / Wentworth P / Dwek RA / Biggin PC / Venien-Bryan C / Zitzmann N|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2009, 106, 12712-12716|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2009, 106, 12712-12716 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Nov 4, 2009 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 17, 2009 / Map release: Nov 17, 2009 / Last update: Nov 17, 2009|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1661.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 1025 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.77 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire HCV p7 hexamer, JFH-1 strain, genotype 2a
|Entire||Name: HCV p7 hexamer, JFH-1 strain, genotype 2a / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Hexameric|
-Component #1: protein, p7
|Protein||Name: p7 / a.k.a: p7 / Details: p7 solubilzed with DHPC / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Hepatitis C virus / virus|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 100 mM NaCl, 50 mM DHPC, 25 mM Hepes, pH 7.0|
|Staining||2% (w/v) phosphotungstic acid (PTA)|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI/PHILIPS CM120T|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: PHILIPS ROTATION HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Scanner: NIKON SUPER COOLSCAN 9000|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C6 (6 fold cyclic)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 16 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi