|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-10373|
|Title||CryoEM structure for Turnip mosaic virus (TuMV)|
|Sample||Turnip mosaic virus:|
virus / Coat protein / nucleic-acidNucleic acid
|Function / homology||Potyvirus coat protein / viral capsid / Coat protein / Coat protein|
Function and homology information
|Biological species||Turnip mosaic virus / TuMV (virus)|
|Method||helical reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 5.2 Å|
|Authors||Valle MV / Cuesta R|
|Funding support|| Spain, 2 items |
|Citation||Journal: Sci Rep / Year: 2019|
Title: Structure of Turnip mosaic virus and its viral-like particles.
Authors: Rebeca Cuesta / Carmen Yuste-Calvo / David Gil-Cartón / Flora Sánchez / Fernando Ponz / Mikel Valle /
Abstract: Turnip mosaic virus (TuMV), a potyvirus, is a flexible filamentous plant virus that displays a helical arrangement of coat protein copies (CPs) bound to the ssRNA genome. TuMV is a bona fide ...Turnip mosaic virus (TuMV), a potyvirus, is a flexible filamentous plant virus that displays a helical arrangement of coat protein copies (CPs) bound to the ssRNA genome. TuMV is a bona fide representative of the Potyvirus genus, one of most abundant groups of plant viruses, which displays a very wide host range. We have studied by cryoEM the structure of TuMV virions and its viral-like particles (VLPs) to explore the role of the interactions between proteins and RNA in the assembly of the virions. The results show that the CP-RNA interaction is needed for the correct orientation of the CP N-terminal arm, a region that plays as a molecular staple between CP subunits in the fully assembled virion.
|Validation Report||Summary, Full report, XML, About validation report|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_10373.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 59.6 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.1 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Turnip mosaic virus
|Entire||Name: Turnip mosaic virus / Number of components: 3|
-Component #1: virus, Turnip mosaic virus
|Virus||Name: Turnip mosaic virus / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: No / Isolate: SPECIES|
|Species||Species: Turnip mosaic virus|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Brassica rapa subsp. rapa (turnip)|
-Component #2: protein, Coat protein
|Protein||Name: Coat protein / Number of Copies: 19 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 24.073395 kDa|
|Source||Species: TuMV (virus) / Strain: Japanese|
-Component #3: nucleic-acid, RNA (5'-R(P*UP*UP*UP*UP*U)-3')
|nucleic acid||Name: RNA (5'-R(P*UP*UP*UP*UP*U)-3') / Class: RNA / Details: Model of ssRNA as polyU / Structure: OTHER / Synthetic: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1.485872 kDa|
|Source||Species: Turnip mosaic virus|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Filament / Method: cryo EM|
|Helical parameters||Axial symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Delta z: 4 Å / Delta phi: -40.8 %deg;|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 40 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: helical reconstruction|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: BACK PROJECTION / Software: RELION / Resolution: 5.2 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Atomic model buiding
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi