|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-10039|
|Title||Cryo-EM structures of Lsg1-TAP pre-60S ribosomal particles (State V - subclass 1)|
|Sample||Lsg1-TAP 60s ribosomal subunit|
|Biological species||Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 3.3 Å|
|Authors||Kargas V / Warren AJ|
|Funding support|| United Kingdom, 2 items |
|Citation||Journal: Elife / Year: 2019|
Title: Mechanism of completion of peptidyltransferase centre assembly in eukaryotes.
Authors: Vasileios Kargas / Pablo Castro-Hartmann / Norberto Escudero-Urquijo / Kyle Dent / Christine Hilcenko / Carolin Sailer / Gertrude Zisser / Maria J Marques-Carvalho / Simone Pellegrino / ...Authors: Vasileios Kargas / Pablo Castro-Hartmann / Norberto Escudero-Urquijo / Kyle Dent / Christine Hilcenko / Carolin Sailer / Gertrude Zisser / Maria J Marques-Carvalho / Simone Pellegrino / Leszek Wawiórka / Stefan Mv Freund / Jane L Wagstaff / Antonina Andreeva / Alexandre Faille / Edwin Chen / Florian Stengel / Helmut Bergler / Alan John Warren /
Abstract: During their final maturation in the cytoplasm, pre-60S ribosomal particles are converted to translation-competent large ribosomal subunits. Here, we present the mechanism of peptidyltransferase ...During their final maturation in the cytoplasm, pre-60S ribosomal particles are converted to translation-competent large ribosomal subunits. Here, we present the mechanism of peptidyltransferase centre (PTC) completion that explains how integration of the last ribosomal proteins is coupled to release of the nuclear export adaptor Nmd3. Single-particle cryo-EM reveals that eL40 recruitment stabilises helix 89 to form the uL16 binding site. The loading of uL16 unhooks helix 38 from Nmd3 to adopt its mature conformation. In turn, partial retraction of the L1 stalk is coupled to a conformational switch in Nmd3 that allows the uL16 P-site loop to fully accommodate into the PTC where it competes with Nmd3 for an overlapping binding site (base A2971). Our data reveal how the central functional site of the ribosome is sculpted and suggest how the formation of translation-competent 60S subunits is disrupted in leukaemia-associated ribosomopathies.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_10039.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 178 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.065 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Lsg1-TAP 60s ribosomal subunit
|Entire||Name: Lsg1-TAP 60s ribosomal subunit / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Lsg1-TAP 60s ribosomal subunit
|Protein||Name: Lsg1-TAP 60s ribosomal subunit / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 63 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON III (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 52800|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 3.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Refinement protocol: flexible|
Input PDB model: 4V88
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi