|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-0863|
|Title||The cryo-EM structure of HEV VLP|
|Sample||Hepatitis E virus:|
virus / Protein ORF2
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
host cell surface / host cell Golgi apparatus / T=1 icosahedral viral capsid / host cell endoplasmic reticulum / entry receptor-mediated virion attachment to host cell / viral capsid / viral entry into host cell / host cell cytoplasm / structural molecule activity / RNA binding ...host cell surface / host cell Golgi apparatus / T=1 icosahedral viral capsid / host cell endoplasmic reticulum / entry receptor-mediated virion attachment to host cell / viral capsid / viral entry into host cell / host cell cytoplasm / structural molecule activity / RNA binding / extracellular region / identical protein binding
Hepatitis E virus structural protein 2 / Viral coat protein subunit
Protein ORF2 / Secreted protein ORF2
|Biological species||Hepatitis E virus|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 3.4 Å|
|Authors||Zheng Q / He M / Li S|
|Funding support|| China, 2 items |
|Citation||Journal: Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A / Year: 2019|
Title: Viral neutralization by antibody-imposed physical disruption.
Authors: Qingbing Zheng / Jie Jiang / Maozhou He / Zizheng Zheng / Hai Yu / Tingting Li / Wenhui Xue / Zimin Tang / Dong Ying / Zekai Li / Shuo Song / Xinlin Liu / Kaihang Wang / Zhiqing Zhang / ...Authors: Qingbing Zheng / Jie Jiang / Maozhou He / Zizheng Zheng / Hai Yu / Tingting Li / Wenhui Xue / Zimin Tang / Dong Ying / Zekai Li / Shuo Song / Xinlin Liu / Kaihang Wang / Zhiqing Zhang / Daning Wang / Yingbin Wang / Xiaodong Yan / Qinjian Zhao / Jun Zhang / Ying Gu / Shaowei Li / Ningshao Xia /
Abstract: In adaptive immunity, organisms produce neutralizing antibodies (nAbs) to eliminate invading pathogens. Here, we explored whether viral neutralization could be attained through the physical ...In adaptive immunity, organisms produce neutralizing antibodies (nAbs) to eliminate invading pathogens. Here, we explored whether viral neutralization could be attained through the physical disruption of a virus upon nAb binding. We report the neutralization mechanism of a potent nAb 8C11 against the hepatitis E virus (HEV), a nonenveloped positive-sense single-stranded RNA virus associated with abundant acute hepatitis. The 8C11 binding flanks the protrusion spike of the HEV viruslike particles (VLPs) and leads to tremendous physical collision between the antibody and the capsid, dissociating the VLPs into homodimer species within 2 h. Cryo-electron microscopy reconstruction of the dissociation intermediates at an earlier (15-min) stage revealed smeared protrusion spikes and a loss of icosahedral symmetry with the capsid core remaining unchanged. This structural disruption leads to the presence of only a few native HEV virions in the ultracentrifugation pellet and exposes the viral genome. Conceptually, we propose a strategy to raise collision-inducing nAbs against single spike moieties that feature in the context of the entire pathogen at positions where the neighboring space cannot afford to accommodate an antibody. This rationale may facilitate unique vaccine development and antimicrobial antibody design.
|Validation Report||Summary, Full report, XML, About validation report|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_0863.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 244.1 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.128 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Hepatitis E virus
|Entire||Name: Hepatitis E virus / Number of components: 2|
-Component #1: virus, Hepatitis E virus
|Virus||Name: Hepatitis E virusOrthohepevirus A / Class: VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLE / Empty: Yes / Enveloped: No / Isolate: OTHER|
|Species||Species: Hepatitis E virus|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli-Pichia pastoris shuttle vector pPpARG4 (others)|
-Component #2: protein, Protein ORF2
|Protein||Name: Protein ORF2 / Number of Copies: 1 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 51.303062 kDa|
|Source||Species: Hepatitis E virus|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 2 mg/mL / pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F30 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F30|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 13759|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 3.4 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Atomic model buiding
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi