|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 2289|
|Title||Second 3D model of wild type MjHSP16.5 at room temperature by CryoEM.|
|Keywords||Small heat shock protein / HSP16.5|
|Sample||wild type small heat shock protein (sHSP) HSP16.5 from Methanocaldococcus jannaschii (MjHSP16.5)|
|Source||Methanocaldococcus jannaschii / archaea / メタノカルドコッカス・ジャナスキイ|
|Map data||Second model for reconstruction of wild type MjHSP16.5 at room temperature|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 12 Å resolution|
|Authors||Roy A Q / Yan Z / Andrew L / Ian W / Ehmke P / Fei S|
|Citation||Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond., B, Biol. Sci., 2013, 368, 20120327-20120327|
Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond., B, Biol. Sci., 2013, 368, 20120327-20120327 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Jan 21, 2013 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 27, 2013 / Map release: Mar 13, 2013 / Last update: Jul 31, 2013|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_2289.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 65537 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 0.933 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire wild type small heat shock protein (sHSP) HSP16.5 from Methanocal...
|Entire||Name: wild type small heat shock protein (sHSP) HSP16.5 from Methanocaldococcus jannaschii (MjHSP16.5)|
Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: 24mer
|Mass||Theoretical: 396 kDa / Experimental: 396 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, MjHSP16.5
|Protein||Name: MjHSP16.5 / a.k.a: small heat shock protein (sHSP) from HSP16.5 / Oligomeric Details: 24mer / Recombinant expression: Yes / Number of Copies: 24|
|Mass||Theoretical: 16.5 kDa / Experimental: 16.5 kDa|
|Source||Species: Methanocaldococcus jannaschii / archaea / メタノカルドコッカス・ジャナスキイ|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 / |
|Source (natural)||Location in cell: cytoplasmic|
|External references||InterPro: InterPro: 002068, InterPro: 008978 / UniProt: UniProt: Q57733 / Gene Ontology: GO: 0005737, GO: 0006950|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.8 mg/ml / Buffer solution: 10mM HEPES, 100mM NaCl. / pH: 7.4|
|Support film||GIG holey grids (LifeTrust, China) were treated with a glow discharge machine (Master Plasmer)|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 93 K|
Method: The samples were blotted for 2 s with blot force 2 at 100% humidity.
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Date: Sep 28, 2012|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 96000 X (nominal) / Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 2000 - 3000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: liquid nitrogen cooled / Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER / Temperature: 85 K|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN ULTRASCAN 4000 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 1160 / Bit depth: 32|
Details: Electron micrograph exposures were made with the automatic collection package Leginon.
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of class averages: 193 / Applied symmetry: O (octahedral) / Number of projections: 4356|
Details: The particles were selected using an automatic selection program Gautomatch developed in Fei Sun lab (to be published). Octahedron symmetry were imposed during 3D reconstructing.
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: projection matching / Software: EMAN1 / CTF correction: Each image|
Details: The final reconstructed density map was further sharpened by application of an amplitude correction algorithm in the program BFACTOR.
Resolution: 12 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi