|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 2ix8|
|Title||MODEL FOR EEF3 BOUND TO AN 80S RIBOSOME|
|Descriptor||ELONGATION FACTOR 3A|
|Keywords||NUCLEOTIDE-BINDING / PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS / PHOSPHORYLATION / ELONGATION FACTOR / RNA-BINDING / ATP-BINDING / RRNA-BINDING|
|Specimen source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / BAKER'S YEAST / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ /|
|Method||Electron microscopy (9.9 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Andersen, C.B.F. / Becker, T. / Blau, M. / Anand, M. / Halic, M. / Balar, B. / Mielke, T. / Boesen, T. / Pedersen, J.S. / Spahn, C.M.T. / Kinzy, T.G. / Andersen, G.R. / Beckmann, R.|
|Citation||Nature, 2006, 443, 663-668|
Nature, 2006, 443, 663-668 Yorodumi Papers
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jul 7, 2006 / Release: Jul 10, 2007|
Downloads & links
A: ELONGATION FACTOR 3A
Mass: 109441.547 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Details: TRANSLATION ELONGATION IN FUNGI ABC-TYPE ATPASE TRNA RELEASE
Fragment: RESIDUES 1-976
Source: (gene. exp.) Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ /
References: UniProt: P16521
|Sequence details||PDB LACKS THE C-TERMINAL PART OF EEF3 (RESIDUES 977-1044)|
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: 80S-RNC-EEF3-AMP-PNP COMPLEX / Type: RIBOSOME|
|Buffer solution||Name: 20MM HEPES,PH 7.5,10MM MG(OAC)2,150MM KOAC 1MM DTT,0.05% NIKKOL, 125MM SUCROSE,0.01MG -ML-1 CYCLOHEXIMIDE,0.5MM AMP-PNP,0.1MM NEOMYCIN, 0.3% DESOXYBIGCHAPS|
Details: 20MM HEPES,PH 7.5,10MM MG(OAC)2,150MM KOAC 1MM DTT,0.05% NIKKOL, 125MM SUCROSE,0.01MG -ML-1 CYCLOHEXIMIDE,0.5MM AMP-PNP,0.1MM NEOMYCIN, 0.3% DESOXYBIGCHAPS
|Specimen||Conc.: 0.17 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Details: HOLEY CARBON|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK I / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Details: LIQUID ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F30 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TECNAI F30 / Date: Feb 11, 2005|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 39000 / Calibrated magnification: 38900 / Nominal defocus max: 3500 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1200 nm / Cs: 2.7 mm|
|Specimen holder||Temperature: 95 kelvins / Tilt angle min: 0 deg.|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image scans||Number digital images: 141|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 9.9 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 37700 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Least-squares process||Highest resolution: 6 Å|
|Refine hist #LAST||Highest resolution: 6 Å|
|Number of atoms included #LAST||Protein: 7599 / Nucleic acid: 0 / Ligand: 0 / Solvent: 0 / Total: 7599|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi